Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: "unwrap a sequence"
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "unwrap a sequence" Post 302983606 by Corona688 on Thursday 13th of October 2016 06:36:12 PM
Old 10-13-2016
I'm guessing that's twenty thousand, not twenty point zero?

Double the length by appending the list to itself, start where you please for any number from 1 to 20000, count 20000 events and stop.

If each event is a line:

Code:
cat list list > /tmp/$$
# Skip 9 events and count 20000 more
tail -n +10 /tmp/$$ | head -n 20000

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is "escape sequence" in tcsh on Solaris

I've tried \e, \033, ^[, they doesn't work with tcsh on Solaris. Anyone could give a help? Thanks, WP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: modemer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"select" function sequence

Hi folks, As we all know, the "select" function give a number to each element as the number of elements in the select. for example: I have a program which ask a user to select a language: =============================================================================== Please select the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nir_s
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
RNGTEST(1)						      General Commands Manual							RNGTEST(1)

NAME
rngtest - Check the randomness of data using FIPS 140-2 tests SYNOPSIS
rngtest [-c n | --blockcount=n] [-b n | --blockstats=n] [-t n | --timedstats=n] [-p | --pipe] [-?] [--help] [-V] [--version] DESCRIPTION
rngtest works on blocks of 20000 bits at a time, using the FIPS 140-2 (errata of 2001-10-10) tests to verify the randomness of the block of data. It takes input from stdin, and outputs statistics to stderr, optionally echoing blocks that passed the FIPS tests to stdout (when operating in pipe mode). Errors are sent to stderr. At startup, rngtest will throw away the first 32 bits of data when operating in pipe mode. It will use the next 32 bits of data to boot- strap the FIPS tests (even when not operating in pipe mode). These bits are not tested for randomness. Statistics are dumped to stderr when the program exits. OPTIONS
-p, --pipe Enable pipe mode. All data blocks that pass the FIPS tests are echoed to stdout, and rngtest operates in silent mode. -c n, --blockcount=n (default: 0) Exit after processing n input blocks, if n is not zero. -b n, --blockstats=n (default: 0) Dump statistics every n blocks, if n is not zero. -t n, --timedstats=n (default: 0) Dump statistics every n secods, if n is not zero. -?, --help Give a short summary of all program options. -V, --version Print program version STATISTICS
rngtest will dump statistics to stderr when it exits, and when told to by blockstats or timedstats. FIPS 140-2 successes and FIPS 140-2 failures counts the number of 20000-bit blocks either accepted or rejected by the FIPS 140-2 tests. The other statistics show a breakdown of the FIPS 140-2 failures by FIPS 140-2 test. See the FIPS 140-2 document for more information (note that these tests are defined on FIPS 140-1 and FIPS 140-2 errata of 2001-10-10. They were removed in FIPS 140-2 errata of 2002-12-03). The speed statistics are taken for every 20000-bit block trasferred or processed. EXIT STATUS
0 if no errors happen, and no blocks fail the FIPS tests. 1 if no errors happen, but at least one block fails the FIPS tests. 10 if there are problems with the parameters. 11 if an input/output error happens. 12 if an operating system or resource starvation error happens. SEE ALSO
random(4), rngd(8) FIPS PUB 140-2 Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules, NIST, http://csrc.nist.gov/cryptval/140-2.htm AUTHORS
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> rng-tools 2-unofficial-mt.14 March 2004 RNGTEST(1)