Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stopping Windows 10 Clients?
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Stopping Windows 10 Clients? Post 302983558 by zaxxon on Thursday 13th of October 2016 03:04:38 AM
Old 10-13-2016
Next time please post it in the appropriate sub forum, not into Linux...

Is this a serious question?

1,3: Put them behind a Firewall of some sort and block the addresses/ports/urls.
2: They bring new addresses/ports/urls that will be contacted with a patch. Or they force you to open something so it works at all.

There is plenty of guides and tools on the web, to turn off those annoying blathering parts of windows 10.

Last edited by zaxxon; 10-13-2016 at 04:14 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from AIX to 20 Windows clients

I have got a unix server ( AIX ) and 20 clients ( windows 2000 ) . I have to transfer a file through FTP from the server to each of 20 clients daily to check the network speed. But each time I do ftp, I have to enter username and password and then transfer the file using "put <filename>". I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharuvman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive from UNIX Server to Windows Clients

hi all ;; I have a Tru64 UNIX machine , first i want my employees ( windows clients) to see specific directory on unix , and how can i put a unix command in a visual basic code to copy the contents of that directory to drive c in the client side who request that by clicking a push button. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kafaween
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stopping a processor

hi, Can any plz tell what is the command for stopping a processor? suppose a system is accessing 10 processors and we want to stop the 3rd & 6th processor then whats the command in Unix? thank u (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm_virtual
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping a command in between

Hi Is it possible to stop a command executing after certain time? I have this command say prstat which keeps on giving the values etc of the processes after every 1 sec(refreshes the screen) What I want is just stop the execution after first screen Since I have written this command in shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprg
3 Replies

5. AIX

IPsec from one AIX server to many windows clients

I work for a fairly large organization who recently tasked me with securing our telnet services with IPsec. We have a large mixed environment where most of our servers are running unsecured telnet. ssh was my first suggestion but because of the cost of purchasing an enterprise license for a fips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup apps for Windows server, linux clients?

Hi guys. What would you recommend me a software running on Windows, and it is capable for backing up Windows and Linux (unix is optional) machines? The application should have following features: - Encryption. - Authentication - Open source if possible :) ... I found Amanda, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

stopping you have mail.....

Hi, on server Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3, I am getting the mail "you have mail" can any body suggest how to stop this? mail are getting generated in below path. /var/spool/postfix/maildrop, due to which heavy file are getting generated. though sendmail service is stopped. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
MEM(4)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    MEM(4)

NAME
mem, kmem, port - system memory, kernel memory and system ports DESCRIPTION
mem is a character device file that is an image of the main memory of the computer. It may be used, for example, to examine (and even patch) the system. Byte addresses in mem are interpreted as physical memory addresses. References to nonexistent locations cause errors to be returned. Examining and patching is likely to lead to unexpected results when read-only or write-only bits are present. It is typically created by: mknod -m 660 /dev/mem c 1 1 chown root:kmem /dev/mem The file kmem is the same as mem, except that the kernel virtual memory rather than physical memory is accessed. It is typically created by: mknod -m 640 /dev/kmem c 1 2 chown root:kmem /dev/kmem port is similar to mem, but the I/O ports are accessed. It is typically created by: mknod -m 660 /dev/port c 1 4 chown root:mem /dev/port FILES
/dev/mem /dev/kmem /dev/port SEE ALSO
chown(1), mknod(1), ioperm(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 1992-11-21 MEM(4)