Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pre-check scrutinize all my shell scripts? Post 302983517 by mohtashims on Wednesday 12th of October 2016 02:48:01 PM
Old 10-12-2016
Power

Let me state something that i missed stating clearly.

I am not looking for a fix i.e the corrected commands and their locations. No !!

I m looking only to report the failing commands that fail due to the "command not found" or due to "illegal arguments".

I just need to report all failing commands in the script without executing the script on the server.

That's my requirement.

Last edited by mohtashims; 10-12-2016 at 05:34 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the unix scripts currently running

I have a Unix box abcd, where I have script1, script2 and script3 running. I have to write a 4th script script4 which would check my box(abcd) and kill all running scripts. How can I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sibasish
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

my scripts does not check if directory exists

Hello: Can someone please help me figure out what is wrong here, my script does not move on to the "else" part even though there is no .ssh directory on my remote server: $more putkey.sh #!/bin/ksh for server in `cat list` do if ; then cat $HOME/.ssh/id_rsa.pub |ssh $server ' cat >>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara-sh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if script run by a user directly or via other scripts

Hi, i have a script 'a.sh' that should be called only by certain scripts like b.sh, c.sh Inside a.sh, how can i determine 1) if this script was run directly from command prompt (or scheduler) 2) if called via other scripts? Is there an easy way to get parent process name (not just pid),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrinu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 script or multiple scripts?? - check files, run jobs

Question for anyone that might be able to help: My objective is to eheck if a file (a source file) exists in a directory. If it does then, I'd like to call an application (Informatica ETL file...not necessary to know) to run a program which extracts data and loads it into multiple targets. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnanasakti
6 Replies

6. Linux

Call scripts in Rpm's: %pre %post sectino

Hi, In the rpm SPEC file there is %pre section for preinstall scripts. We can write any think in the "sh" format here. I want to call a script here. How can i do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check exit status of bg scripts

HI All, I am running one shell script, in that script i am calling 4 scripts in the background. abc.ksh & efg.ksh & xky.ksh & mno.ksh & please let me know, how could i find the success and failure of each script. i Cannot use $?, because i want to run all the scripts in parellel. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check existence of a number of files and call other scripts

Hi, I am new to unix scripting and am jus getting to learn about it.. I need to know on how to check for the existence of a number of files in a path..i.e the files are ftp'ed from several other servers, should check if all the files have arrived, if not wait till they arrive..can i use a flag... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can somebody help me check over my shell scripts??

I been having a lot of trouble trying to start up a 3rd party application in Solaris 7 but it seams that its missing entry's when trying to run the files so maybe the start shells scripts have errors and maybe thatr is what is causing the issues I have added two links to the shells can anyone check... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check sub scripts execution?

I have a shell script which is used to get the input and have another shell script (a sub script) at the end of this shell script which is used to upload the inputs in the Oracle database. I can check the execution status of the parent script using sh -x script.sh. but this command doesn't show the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxman
1 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)