Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A faster way to read and search Post 302983434 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 02:17:56 PM
Old 10-11-2016
Or, a bit more straight
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR {A[$0]=0;next} ($0 in A) {A[$0]++} END {for (i in A) {if(A[i]>0) print i,A[i]}}' fileA.txt *multfiles.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail.cf: How can I read a .db file and search for a token?

Hello, I need to write code in '/etc/mail/sendmail.cf' to verify that a string exists within a hash file ( Such as /etc/mail/key-value.db ). I've searched the web and did find many great articles regarding 'sendmail.cf' however I'm not clear how I can do this specific thing as the online... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read lines between search pattern

I have a file split something like 01/11/2010: No of users 100 02/11/2010: No of users 102 03/11/2010: No of users 99 ... I want to search the file for a particular date and then extract the following line with the date, something like 02/11/2010 No of users 102 I can grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Faster than nested while read loops?

Hi experts, I just want to know if there is a better solution to my nested while read loops below: while read line; do while read line2; do while read line3; do echo "$line $line2 $line3" done < file3.txt done < file2.txt done < file1.txt >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chstr_14
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and read lines

Hi, I have a huge de-limited file which has pattern : 99"9876"2010-11-21 12:51:01"J"MNOPQRS ID# 2-1234-1234-0099-9876-0 "" <<read>> 99"9876"2010-11-21 12:51:01"K"R-EMP# 01234567 (LOGOFF) "" <<read>> 99"9876"2010-11-21 12:51:01"L" *AUTO LOGOFF* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Faster search needed

Hope you guys out there can help. I have 2 files as below: file 1: 111,222,333,444,555,666 777,888,999,000,111,222 111,222,333,444,555,888 file 2: 666,AAA 222,BBB 888,CCC I want to get the 6th column from file 1 (example, 666) and check in file 2 for the value in the 2nd column... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- read search and replace string from the file

Dear all, I have a number of files and each file has two sections separated by a blank line. At the top section, I have lines which describes the values of the alphabetical characters, # s #; 0.123 # p #; 12.3 # d #; -2.33 # f #; 5.68 <blank line> sssssss spfdffff sdfffffff Now I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasharma
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive folder search faster than find?

I'm trying to find folders created by a propritary data aquisition software with the .aps ending--yes, I have never encountered folder with a suffix before (some files also end in .aps) and sort them by date. I need the whole path ls -dt "$dataDir"*".aps"does exactly what I want except for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read files incrementally and search for particular string.

Example I have following requirements where i need to search for particular string from the log files.Files will be archived with number attached end to it and creates a new log file. First Day i will ran at 8:00 AM Filename:a.log1 Wed Aug 24 04:46:34... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nareshnani211
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help for faster file read and grep in big files

I have a very big input file <inputFile1.txt> which has list of mobile no inputFile1.txt 3434343 3434323 0970978 85233 ... around 1 million records i have another file as inputFile2.txt which has some log detail big file inputFile2.txt afjhjdhfkjdhfkd df h8983 3434343 | 3483 | myout1 |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
3 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)                                                        GNU                                                       GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)