Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Insert commas
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Insert commas Post 302983244 by loktamann on Saturday 8th of October 2016 04:13:17 PM
Old 10-08-2016
Insert commas

Code:
Original content:
ACACCTCAT    129                                              | ACACCTCAT    0
ACACCTCATX   171                                              | ACACCTCATX   0
ACACRESRT    0                                                  ACACRESRT    0
ACACRESRTX   0                                                  ACACRESRTX   0
ACACTCOPY    0                                                  ACACTCOPY    0
ACACTGRP     12                                               | ACACTGRP     0
ACACTIVITY   82                                               | ACACTGRPAU   0
ACACTMXVAL   145                                              | ACACTIVITY   0
                                                              > ACACTMXVAL   0
ACACTMXVDT   0                                                  ACACTMXVDT   0
ACACTREL     0                                                  ACACTREL     0
ACACTSEG     0                                                  ACACTSEG     0
ACADDASSGN   0                                                  ACADDASSGN   0
ACADDLCNTR   4                                                | ACADDLCNTR   0
UKCOTABLE    648                                              <
UKNICAT      37                                               <

Result:
ACACCTCAT,    129,                                              | ACACCTCAT,    0
ACACCTCAT,   171,                                              | ACACCTCATX,   0
ACACRESRT,    0,                                                  ACACRESRT,    0
ACACRESRTX,   0,                                                  ACACRESRTX,   0
ACACTCOPY,    0,                                                  ACACTCOPY,    0
ACACTGRP,     12,                                               | ACACTGRP,     0
ACACTIVITY,   82,                                               | ACACTGRPAU,   0
ACACTMXVAL,   145,                                              | ACACTIVITY,   0
                    ,      ,                                    > ACACTMXVAL,   0
ACACTMXVDT,   0,                                                  ACACTMXVDT,   0
ACACTREL,     0,                                                  ACACTREL,     0
ACACTSEG,     0,                                                  ACACTSEG,     0
ACADDASSGN,   0,                                                  ACADDASSGN,   0
ACADDLCNTR,   4,                                                | ACADDLCNTR,   0
UKCOTABLE,    648,                                              <,
UKNICAT,      37,                                               <,

I know a little bit of sed and awk. If you guru can show me either one of the commands, greatly appreciated. I appreciate any help you can provide.
I tried
Code:
sed 's/............./&,/g'

and it insert comma (,) at every 14th position.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 10-08-2016 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: Changed position of [/code]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I insert commas/delimiters in File

Hi, Newbie here. Need to convert a txt file to .csv format. There's no character to replace so not sure if I can use sed :confused: . The comma is to be inserted after every certain number of characters in each line... Help! Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbelen
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatted output with commas

var=12345 echo $var >>>12345 printf "%8.1f \n" $var >>> 12345.0 How to get this as 12,345? I suppose I could break into sections by dividing by 1000 or 1000000. But, is the a trick to this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute commas with pipe

Hi All, I have a file that contain value below: test,mno,mno, +asc mno,lok,msyu,tts test,poi,test,0,90, 3,00 i need to substitute the comma's into pipe where i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selamba_warrior
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting commas and replacing backslashes with commas

Hi, Newbie here. I have a file that consists of data that I want to convert to a csv file. For example: Jul 20 2008 1111 / visit home / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLOC-1.1 VendorID/105 Jul 21 2008 22222 / add friend / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kangaroo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in removing commas

i have the below line as output from a script. I want to delete the string "," and get the output without comma, cat D* | grep "bytes free" | awk '{print $3}' | ????? output: 40,966,189,056 Desired O/P: 40966189056 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ali560045
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert Commas at fixed positions

Hi I have a text file which is position delimited, i.e. Code1 Description1 Value1 Code2 Description2 Value2 etc. I want to import this file into MySQL so I want to convert the file into Comma delimited format. To do this I want to insert commas at fixed positions on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arossco
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commas within Delimeters

Hi experts, I would like a favour from you guys to get the info from 5th column which was separated by the delimeter comma ( , ) The Data file is as below:- 1,USER1,"90, TEST AVENUE, OLD ROAD",test1,124,N 2,USER2,88 TEST STREET NEW ROAD,test2,123,N The User File is as below:- USER1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shenkz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace field with commas with field without commas

Hey guys, I have the following text: 1,2,3,4,5,6,'NULL','when',NULL,1,2,0,'NULL' 1,2,3,4,5,6,'NULL','what','NULL',1,2,0,1 I need the same text with the word NULL without commas u know something like this: 1,2,3,4,5,6,NULL,'when',NULL,1,2,0,NULL 1,2,3,4,5,6,NULL,'what','NULL',1,2,0,1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lmyk72
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Inverted Commas Around Numeric Values

Hi, I am trying to insert Inverted Commas around all the numeric values within a comma seperated string / variable. 1111,2222,3333,4444 I would like it to be: '1111','2222','3333','4444' Note - This string could have a differing amount of numeric values each time the variable is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichZR
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert single quote and commas

Hi All, I have a set of data as below : XS012371378 Raj 23-09-12 SH128238948 Andrew 24-08-12 CH273712399 Walsh 12-10-12 JK7249923893 Nick 10-02-13 JP6383791389 Braslin 30-12-13 I want the first column to be extracted separately. I can get this using awk. awk '{print $1}' file_name ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nand Kishor
3 Replies
SOCKD.ROUTE(5)							File Formats Manual						    SOCKD.ROUTE(5)

NAME
sockd.route - Route file for multi-homed SOCKS proxy server SYNOPSIS
/etc/sockd.route DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/sockd.route is used by the SOCKS server program sockd to determine which of its network interfaces it should use to reach a given destination host. It is needed only if your SOCKS server host is multi-homed and your version of sockd supports RBIND. A multi-homed host is a host with more than one network interfaces and with its IP_FORWARDING turned off. Only the multi-homed version of sockd can be run on such hosts. You can find out the version of your sockd (or rsockd) by command sockd -ver or rsockd -ver A line in the file can be up to 1024 characters long. Lines starting with a `#' are comments. Non-comment lines must be of the form if_addr dst_addr dst_mask All three fields are required and are separated by spaces or tabs. Each filed is specified in the usual dotted form of IP addresses, e.g., 128.23.16.2. if_addr must be the IP address of one of the network interfaces on the SOCKS server host. dst_addr specifies either the IP address of a host, a network, or a subnet in the usual dotted form, e.g., 129.201.4.0, or a domain name, e.g., internic.net. dst_mask spec- ifies mask for the IP address used in dst_addr. Bits in dst_mask that are set to 0 indicate the bit positions to be ignored during compar- ison of IP addresses. So, specifying 255.255.255.255 in dst_mask demands an exact match with dst_addr, whereas 0.0.0.0 in dst_mask causes a matching with any given destination address regardless of what is specified for dst_addr. If a domain name is used for dst_addr, the con- tents of dst_mask are ignored, though it must still be supplied (simply use 0.0.0.0). If the domain name starts with a period, it speci- fies a zone and matches all domain names within that zone, otherwise it matches only the domain name itself. For example, xyz.com matches only xyz.comP, while .xyz.com macthes not only xyz.com, but also abc.xyz.com and this.and.that.xyz.com, among others. The special symbol ALL (which must be entirely in uppercase) matches everything. Domain names are otherwise case-insentive. When using a domain name in dst_addr, you have be very careful in maintaining your DNS setup. See the last few paragraphs in sockd.conf(5). When a multi-homed sockd receives a network request, it first checks with /etc/sockd.fc (or /etc/sockd.conf) to decide whether the request should be allowed or denied. For an allowable request, sockd then checks the given destination IP address or domain name against the dst_addr dst_mask pair in /etc/sockd.route, one line at a line. Once a match is found, the network interface of the corresponding if_addr field is used for connection to the destination host. Remaining lines in the file are skipped. Therefore the order of the lines in the file is of extreme importance. If no match is found throughout the file, a line indicating the error is produced using syslog with facility daemon and level err and the request is ignored. You have the option of using the frozen route file /etc/sockd.fr instead of /etc/sockd.route. The frosen file is produced by make_sockdfr and is essentially the memory image of the parsed route file. Using it can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server since it eliminate the need for parsing. Since the SOCKS server always looks for /etc/sockd.fr first, be sure that you always run make_sockdfr every time after you modifify /etc/sockd.route. EXAMPLES
Suppose you have a dual-homed host with interface 129.1.2.3 connecting to your internal Class B network 129.1, and interface 129.1.254.1 connecting to the outside world. If you only use the SOCKS server to provide connections to outside hosts, then the file /etc/sockd.route only needs one line: 129.1.254.1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 If you also use the SOCKS server to provide connection to internal hosts as well, then two lines would suffice: 129.1.2.3 129.1.0.0 255.255.0.0 129.1.254.1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Note that these two lines must be in the order given above. If you prefer using domain name instead, the lines should be 129.1.2.3 .myown.com 0.0.0.0 129.1.254.1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 assuming that myown.com is your domain. SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfr(8), make_sockdfr(8), sockd(8), sockd.fr(5) May 6, 1996 SOCKD.ROUTE(5)