Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX CPU usage
Operating Systems AIX AIX CPU usage Post 302982865 by baladelaware73 on Tuesday 4th of October 2016 10:06:22 AM
Old 10-04-2016
This is a RMAN incremental backup. Why does it uses indexes for copying the file? I would agree if this is a long running SQL or any DML statements.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring CPU usage on AIX 5.3 with SNMP

Hi I would like to monitor CPU usage ( %) , memory utilization and such on an AIX 5.3 with snmp. How would I do that ? :confused: If I do "snmpwalk -c public -v1 hosttomonitor" I get nothing about the CPU. I've done this on Linux ( not much trouble doing it on linux ) but I'm having a hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.3 P570 - CPU Usage reports 1500000000.003

Does anyone had an issue with AIX reporting huge CPU Usage Times for jobs? I am seeing process using ps that are reporting billions for the CPU Times. This only seems to happen once in awhile. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigsgb
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate Memory and CPU Usage on AIX

I have written a script that will calculate CPU usage and Memory usage of a particular process on AIX Unix. I know the PID and I am using the command -- # for CPU Usage MSG_CPU_USG=`ps uax | grep ${PID} | awk {'print $3'}` #for Memory Usage MSG_MEM_USG=`ps uax | grep ${PID} | awk {'print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
0 Replies

5. AIX

Which tools can show the AIX CPU, Memory and I/O usage?

If somebody knows there are some tools can show how many CPU, memory useage on AIX and can automatically send email? Such as when setup if CPU is used over 80%, send alert by email automatically. Maybe BMC has this tool? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

7. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky situation with process cpu usage - AIX

OS: AIX so we frequently receive a lot of cpu related alerts. all types of checks have been created to keep an eye on the cpu but a lot of these checks make too much noise as the CPU is always being seen as high. the system and application owners say there's no issue with the cpu. so now,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
MAXDB_STMT_PREPARE(3)							 1						     MAXDB_STMT_PREPARE(3)

maxdb_stmt_prepare - Prepare an SQL statement for execution

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
bool maxdb_stmt_prepare (resource $stmt, string $query) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style mixed maxdb_stmt::prepare (string $query) maxdb_stmt_prepare(3) prepares the SQL query pointed to by the null-terminated string query. The statement resource has to be allocated by maxdb_stmt_init(3). The query must consist of a single SQL statement. Note You should not add a terminating semicolon or g to the statement. The parameter $query can include one or more parameter markers in the SQL statement by embedding question mark ( ?) characters at the appropriate positions. Note The markers are legal only in certain places in SQL statements. For example, they are allowed in the VALUES() list of an INSERT statement (to specify column values for a row), or in a comparison with a column in a WHERE clause to specify a comparison value. However, they are not allowed for identifiers (such as table or column names), in the select list that names the columns to be returned by a SELECT statement), or to specify both operands of a binary operator such as the = equal sign. The latter restriction is necessary because it would be impossible to determine the parameter type. In general, parameters are legal only in Data Manipula- tion Languange (DML) statements, and not in Data Defination Language (DDL) statements. The parameter markers must be bound to application variables using maxdb_stmt_bind_param(3) and/or maxdb_stmt_bind_result(3) before exe- cuting the statement or fetching rows. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } $city = "Portland"; /* create a prepared statement */ $stmt = $maxdb->stmt_init(); if ($stmt->prepare("SELECT state FROM hotel.city WHERE name=?")) { /* bind parameters for markers */ $stmt->bind_param("s", $city); /* execute query */ $stmt->execute(); /* bind result variables */ $stmt->bind_result($district); /* fetch value */ $stmt->fetch(); printf("%s is in district %s ", $city, $district); /* close statement */ $stmt->close(); } /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } $city = "Portland"; /* create a prepared statement */ $stmt = maxdb_stmt_init($link); if (maxdb_stmt_prepare($stmt, "SELECT state FROM hotel.city WHERE name=?")) { /* bind parameters for markers */ maxdb_stmt_bind_param($stmt, "s", $city); /* execute query */ maxdb_stmt_execute($stmt); /* bind result variables */ maxdb_stmt_bind_result($stmt, $district); /* fetch value */ maxdb_stmt_fetch($stmt); printf("%s is in district %s ", $city, $district); /* close statement */ maxdb_stmt_close($stmt); } /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Portland is in district OR SEE ALSO
maxdb_stmt_init(3), maxdb_stmt_execute(3), maxdb_stmt_fetch(3), maxdb_stmt_bind_param(3), maxdb_stmt_bind_result(3), maxdb_stmt_close(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_STMT_PREPARE(3)