Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How can I map hdisk# to rhdisk#? Post 302982712 by rbatte1 on Monday 3rd of October 2016 04:33:01 AM
Old 10-03-2016
You might find what you want with a combination of lscfg -vl hdisk14 & lsattr -El hdisk14 and comparing them to the output for the rhdisk device. There will be a serial number to confirm which it is, but sadly I do not have access to any AIX servers any more.

Can you post some output? I think the value you want from lscfg will be marked as Z1, but it's only a vague memory.

I hope that this helps,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX hdisk error

Does anyone have an idea what this means? hdisk10 is part of vg1. (vg1 has 11 hdisks) I get this msg every morning @ 5:04 CST This is the orignal message: A PROBLEM WAS DETECTED ON Fri Aug 17 03:02:09 PDT 2001 801014 The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. AIX

vpath to an hdisk

Is there a simply way for me to map a vpath to an hdisk on AIX 5.2? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
5 Replies

3. AIX

VPATHS and HDisk/not able to add to NR-VG

When I list the PV's using lspv i see both vpath and hdisk names being listed. I got the info that each vpath is configured for 4 hdisks. Problem is I am not able to add either the hard disks in vpath to the existing non-rootvg. ? need to know the basics of vpath .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
4 Replies

4. AIX

load_balance or round_robin on hdisk

Hi, in an environment with svc's and ds8xxx wat disk algorithm should be used and what is the difference here: I can set the algorithm to Load_balance and to Round_robin (see output below). some info: hdisk3 ******** MPIO FC 2145 devices.sddpcm.53.rte 2.2.0.0 COMMITTED ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raba
1 Replies

5. AIX

Dummy hdisk in AIX 6.1

How do you create a dummy hdisk with AIX 6.1? In previous versions, I've used this and works, but now I get this error. hostname:/:# mkdev -l hdisk57 -c disk -t osdisk -s scsi -p fscsi0 -w 0,10 -d Method error (/etc/methods/define): 0514-022 The specified connection is not valid. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies

6. AIX

Flashcopy, ghost hdisk ??

Hi all, I'm getting some errors on AIX regarding Flashcopy and volume group hard disks. The script that activates flashcopy showed this errors: Recreating Flashcopy for lun01_A1 Performing syntax check... Syntax check complete. Executing script... Script execution complete. SMcli... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enux
1 Replies

7. AIX

Find hdisk# based on LV name

I know the lv name (i.e. dprod_0000017). #lslv dprod_0000017 LOGICAL VOLUME: dprod_0000017 VOLUME GROUP: prod01vg LV IDENTIFIER: 00cb337d00004c0000000111d8566a5a.69 PERMISSION: read/write VG STATE: active/complete LV STATE: opened/syncd TYPE: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies

8. AIX

Difference between /dev/hdisk and /dev/rhdisk

Hi, How can i check that i am using RAW devices for storage in my AIX machine... Also after adding a LUN from storage to a aix host, when i check /dev in the host, i can see both rhdisk and hdisk with same number eg: dcback1(root):/dev>ls -lrt | grep disk12 crw------- 1 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibujacob
4 Replies

9. AIX

Quorum and hdisk issue

Hi. I found an issue with my appvg present in my server.my server is a single node and not part of hacmp. pmut3# lspv hdisk0 00c5c9cf92ebb96a rootvg active hdisk1 00c5c9cfcf30eee9 appvg hdisk2 00c5c9cfcf30ef98 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching hdisk sequence

Hi, Planning to implement script to fetch whether the hdisks are in proper sequence. Need output for incorrect sequence Correct #lspv hdisk0 hdisk1 hdisk2 :::::::::::: hdisk5 Incorrect sequence #lspv hdisk0 hdisk6 hdisk7 hdisk10 Any idea pls share (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies
vxpfto(1M)																vxpfto(1M)

NAME
vxpfto - set Powerfail Timeout (pfto) SYNOPSIS
vxpfto -g diskgroup -t timeout vxpfto [-g diskgroup] -t timeout volume_list vxpfto [-g diskgroup] -o pftostate={enabled|disabled} vxpfto [-g diskgroup] -o pftostate={enabled|disabled} volume_list DESCRIPTION
Powerfail Timeout is an attribute of a SCSI disk connected to an HP-UX host (see the pfto(7) man page). The vxpfto command sets the Power- fail Timeout interval on a set of Volume Manager disks, either all disks in a disk group, or all disks underlying the volumes listed. The first form of the command sets the same PFTO value for all the disks in the specified VxVM diskgroup. In the second form, all disks underlying the given list of volumes are selected, optionally restricted by the disk group specified with the -g option. If you specify a diskgroup, any volume in the list not belonging to the diskgroup is ignored. Use the -o pftostate option to disable or enable PFTO. By default, PFTO is enabled. You can enable PFTO either on all disks in a disk group, or on all disks underlying the volumes listed. If you invoke vxpfto without arguments, it displays a usage message. OPTIONS
-g diskgroup Specifies the disk group for the operation, either by disk group ID or by disk group name. -o pftostate={enabled|disabled} Enables or disables the use of PFTO for IO. -t timeout Specifies the PFTO value in seconds. The value must be zero or a positive integer. Zero represents the system default PFTO value. The default value depends on the disk driver controlling the disk device. volume_list A list of VxVM volume names. List items must be separated by white-space. EXIT CODES
vxpfto returns a zero if successful. If it encounters an error, vxpfto exits and displays a message on standard error. Defined exit codes are: 0 Success. 1 No PFTO value specified. 2 No diskgroup or volume list specified. 3 Illegal PFTO value specified. EXAMPLES
Set the PFTO value on all disks in disk group testdg to 100 seconds: vxpfto -t 100 -g testdg Set the PFTO value to 50 seconds on all disks underlying volume01 and volume02 in disk group testdg: vxpfto -t 50 -g testdg volume01 volume02 Set the PFTO value to 300 seconds on all disks underlying volume01 and volume02, even though they are not in the same disk group: vxpfto -t 300 volume01 volume02 Disable PFTO on all disks in disk group testdg: vxpfto -g testdg -o pftostate=disabled Enable PFTO on all disks underlying volume01 and volume02i in disk group testdg: vxpfto -g testdg -o pftostate=enabled volume01 volume02 SEE ALSO
vxdisk(1M), pfto(7) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxpfto(1M)