Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is wrong with my awk command? Post 302982520 by RudiC on Thursday 29th of September 2016 01:35:20 PM
Old 09-29-2016
Plus, I think your logic has a flaw in the first place:
With the OR condition TRUE, w will be incremented, which is fine as a critical value can trigger the warning threshold as well. But, the "critical" section will never be reached, and c never be incremented, as it will have triggered the second of the OR conditions...
Wouldn't sth. like
Code:
                 if ($cn >= crit)               {print; c++; w++}    
                 else   if ($cn >= warn)        {print ; w++ }    
                        else                     o++

be better?
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is anything wrong with this command

Hi All, can anyone tell me what is wrong with this command. tail -f /opt/olr-logs/PaymentGateway.log | grep "DEBUG - Start! AkhtarPaymentGateway - generateChecksum" | awk '{print $13}' | sed 's/,//g'>> abc But I found nothing in the file abc Please do help me.or Provide me some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK command giving wrong input

Hi all, I have a problem with qwk command. i have to check process status and for that i am using command prstat -mvL 1 1 and it gives me the entire output but when i use this command with awk like this: prstat -mvL 1 1 | awk -F" " '{print $1,$15}' to get first and 15th arguments. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong with this command?

Hello, I try to using the below command to find out all the datafiles under "sja" direcotory. $ xargs -i find {} -type f -ls < sja /bin/ksh: sja: cannot open so can you tell me what is wrong? Thanks Jerry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreatJerry
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

getting wrong output with AWK command!!!

i have a file which gets appended with 9 records daily and the file keeps growing from then...i use to store the previous day files count in a variable called oldfilecount and current files count as newfilecount.my requirement is that i need to start processing only the new records from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk... what is wrong?

Hi there, what is wrong with this? grep ">>" alarms_temp | awk '{print substr($5, 2), $7}' | read var1 var2 echo "$var1" echo "$var2" Both variable are empty, but if i run: grep ">>" alarms_temp | awk '{print substr($5, 2), $7}' I have: 0 9 as a result. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marimovo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with the following command?

Hi all, I'm trying to run the following command to get all files in one directory to another with the files' timestamps preserved, cp -p /logs/dvgbiau/batch/* /logs/dvgbiau/tmp_batch Note that ./batch and ./tmp_batch are two sub-directories under /logs/dvgbiau. The error was,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this awk?

ZSCORE=$(awk "BEGIN {if($STDEVIATE>0) {print ZSCORER=$(awk "BEGIN{print (${ALL} - ${AVERAGE}) / ${STDEVIATE}}")}else print "0"}") awk: fatal: division by zero attempted awk: BEGIN {if(0==0) {print ZSCORER=}else print 0} awk: ^ syntax error ALL=9 STDEVIATE=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my awk

echo "abc:bcd" |awk '{split($0,b,":");print "b" is good }' I want to "bcd" is good , anything is wrong with my, please don't change my thought with split, I just want to know what's wrong :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this awk?

I have a file and if I'm doing following action on that file it's coming up correctly awk -F"," '/DATA_TYPE/ { cnt += $3 } END { print " DATA_TYPE count=" cnt}' inter DATA_TYPE count=19593131 now if I'm changing same AWK, so that now it can accept variable, then it's somehow not working.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my awk

file1: maximum_delay time: 102.794 ms maximum_delay time: 92.977 ms maximum_delay time: 98.895 ms maximum_delay time: 96.891 ms maximum_delay time: 86.966 ms maximum_delay time: 95.91 ms maximum_delay time: 98.921 ms maximum_delay time: 89.881 ms maximum_delay time: 92.931 ms... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies
CRITICAL_ENTER(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					 CRITICAL_ENTER(9)

NAME
critical_enter, critical_exit -- enter and exit a critical region SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/systm.h> void critical_enter(void); void critical_exit(void); DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to prevent preemption in a critical region of code. All that is guaranteed is that the thread currently executing on a CPU will not be preempted. Specifically, a thread in a critical region will not migrate to another CPU while it is in a critical region. The current CPU may still trigger faults and exceptions during a critical section; however, these faults are usually fatal. The critical_enter() and critical_exit() functions manage a per-thread counter to handle nested critical sections. If a thread is made runnable that would normally preempt the current thread while the current thread is in a critical section, then the preemption will be deferred until the current thread exits the outermost critical section. Note that these functions are not required to provide any inter-CPU synchronization, data protection, or memory ordering guarantees and thus should not be used to protect shared data structures. These functions should be used with care as an infinite loop within a critical region will deadlock the CPU. Also, they should not be inter- locked with operations on mutexes, sx locks, semaphores, or other synchronization primitives. One exception to this is that spin mutexes include a critical section, so in certain cases critical sections may be interlocked with spin mutexes. HISTORY
These functions were introduced in FreeBSD 5.0. BSD
October 5, 2005 BSD