Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to monitor kill commands in UNIX.? Post 302982495 by Corona688 on Thursday 29th of September 2016 11:21:50 AM
Old 09-29-2016
What problem are you attempting to solve, exactly? What user is doing what?

What operating system are you using? Some may have auditing features already.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Kill processes

Hi guys, I am new to Unix shell scripting. Can anyone of you tell me how to kill all the processes at a time for a particular user?(No listing the process ID of each process in the kill -9 command). Thanks in Advance, -Hary (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tadi18
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor a unix folder?

:confused:Hi All, I have a folder on Sun Solaris 5.8 SPAC and I'm trying to build a monitoring shell or perl script that sends an email to a user whenever a file was put into this folder. issue: if I create a new file in the folder using like 'touch newfile', then the newfile has a current... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bizheng
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is kill -6 command in unix

what is kill -6 command in unix..?? are there any other similar commands.? ex: kil -1, kill -1 to 8..? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I monitor packets by OS id on a UNIX box?

We think we may have an IO problem. We have 2 identical Oracle servers with the exact same objects in each database. In one database, the first time a query is executed and the data is moved to SGA from disk the query takes about 40 seconds. However, in the other data base, when the query is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawn_holman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to monitor Unix server CPU status?

I like to know how to monitor the UNIX CPU/memory status over time. I need to data to do some graphical representation of the server load. I sort of need to keep track of the vmstat but i dont know how. I hope someone would kindly help me out. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shingpui
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands to monitor other user's activity

What commands would you recommend in order to monitor things like when a user logs on to a server, assuming you know that user's name on the server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sotau
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor different processes on different Unix servers

GM, Can you pls help how to write a script to monitor different processes on different unix servers and send the output to a /tmp/report file, earlier my boss asked me to write a script to monitor just one process running on different servers and send the output to a file so I wrote this exec... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baders
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill an specific process ID using the KILL and GREP commands

Good afternoon I need to KILL a process in a single command sentence, for example: kill -9 `ps -aef | grep 'CAL255.4ge' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` That sentence Kills the process ID corresponding to the program CAL255.4ge. However it is possible that the same program... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor and restart UNIX process

Hi all, Tearing my hair out..! I have a requirement to monitor and restart a unix process via a simple watchdog script. I have the following 3 scripts that dont work for me.. script 1 (only produces 1 output if process is up or not)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to KIll a Stored procedure invoked by UNIX?

Hi, I am using sql server 2008 version and invoking the stored procedure using unix script. I want to know the procedure of killing the stored procedure in sql server. If I kill -9 the unix script will it also terminate the process at the SQL server. When I executed the kill -9 PID in unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul Raj
2 Replies
audit(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  audit(4)

NAME
audit - audit trail format and other information for auditing DESCRIPTION
Audit records are generated when users make security-relevant system calls, as well as by self-auditing processes that call (see aud- write(2)). Access to the auditing system is restricted to super-user. Each audit record consists of an audit record header and a record body. The record header is comprised of sequence number, process ID, event type, and record body length. The sequence number gives relative order of all records; the process ID belongs to the process being audited; the event type is a field identifying the type of audited activity; the length is the record body length expressed in bytes. The record body is the variable-length component of an audit record containing more information about the audited activity. For records generated by system calls, the body contains the time the audited event completes in either success or failure, and the parameters of the system calls; for records generated by self-auditing processes, the body consists of the time audwrite(2) writes the records and the high- level description of the event (see audwrite(2)). The records in the audit trail are compressed to save file space. When a process is audited the first time, a pid identification record (PIR) is written into the audit trail containing information that remains constant throughout the lifetime of the process. This includes the parent's process ID, audit tag, real user ID, real group ID, effective user ID, effective group ID, group ID list, effective, permit- ted, and retained privileges, compartment ID, and the terminal ID (tty). The PIR is entered only once per process per audit trail. Information accumulated in an audit trail is analyzed and displayed by (see audisp(1M)). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audsys(1M), audevent(1M), audisp(1M), audomon(1M), audwrite(2), audit(5), compartments(5), privileges(5). audit(4)