Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IBM Power Linux Cluster Fence device on Power8 Platform Post 302982343 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 28th of September 2016 07:46:29 AM
Old 09-28-2016
What you could pursue - is IBM (pre-)sales - as you may or may not have your Linux support via IBM.

Developers are probably not the correct "venue" as, afaik, IBM is not really "developing" on Linux - as IBM. There are IBMers who work on OpenSource projects - but those people are not who I would label "developer" in the same sense I would an AIX developer.

That said - if you found someone who said they are an IBM Linux on Power developer - I'll eat my words.

In short - they key part of your question/comment for me was "does IBM support"? For that question I would be in touch with IBM support, not developers.

Hope this helps!
This User Gave Thanks to MichaelFelt For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Increasing Raw device Sun Cluster 3.0

Hi All , I would like to know the procedure for increasing shared volume space in sun cluster . Currently the configuration is like these . Main stripe oradb1/d91 2 1 /dev/did/rdsk/d35s0 1 /dev/did/rdsk/d36s0 =Total 49 Gb oradb1/d94 -p oradb1/d91 -o 88080480 -b 14680064 ==Total 7 GB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
4 Replies

2. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

3. AIX

New IBM Power8 (S822) and StorWiz V3700 SAN, best practices for production setup/config?

Hello, Got a IBM Power8 box (S822) that I am configuring for replacement of our existing IBM machine. Wanted to touch base with the expert community here to ensure I don't miss anything critical in my setup/config of AIX. Did a fresh AIX 7.1 install on the internal scsi hdisk, mirror'ed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

PaceMaker Cluster Fence Device

I have 2 VM's setup with a shared VMware disk running RHEL 7.1 (just updated to 7.2 with yum update), and would like to know what is the easiest Fence device to implement for testing purposes. Apparently, I need a fence device before my IP resources will come online. I have the cluster... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Device Problem

I build up two node cluster (node1, node2) in virtualbox. For these two nodes I add 5 shared disk. (Also each node have own OS disk). 1 shared disk for vtoc 2 shared disk for NFS resource group 2 shared disk for WEB resource group When I finished my work; two nodes was ok and shared disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonofsunra
4 Replies

6. AIX

IBM Power 740 won't boot after firmware update

A team member installed the wrong version of License Code on a Power 740 system used in our Development environment. The system will no longer boot. Does anyone have IBM documentation or experience to share on recovering a system that currently reports "Unsupported License Code version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinedailey
1 Replies
hpionIBMblade(1)						      OpenHPI							  hpionIBMblade(1)

NAME
hpionIBMblade - An openhpi sample application that shows how two (2) openhpi plugins can be used to display and manage resources of an IBM Blade with Basedboard Management Controller (BMC). SYNOPSIS
hpionIBMblade [ -x ] DESCRIPTION
hpionIBMblade shows how two (2) openhpi plugins can be used to display and manage resources of an IBM Blade with Basedboard Management Controller (BMC). Both the ipmi and snmp_bc plugin have the same IBM Blade target. Resources from both plugins are combined to show a complete view of the IBM Blade. @@ WARNING @@ RESTRICTIONS @@ WARNING @@ RESTRICTIONS @@ WARNING @@ RESTRICTIONS @@ This client application is designed to run **only** inband on an IBM Blade with Basedboard Management Controller (BMC) OPTIONS
-x Display debug messages. SAMPLE CONFIGURATION FILE
handler libipmi { entity_root = "{SYSTEM_CHASSIS,2}" name = "smi" addr = 0 } handler libsnmp_bc { host = "bc.mm.ip.address" version = "3" community = "bc_community" entity_root = "{SYSTEM_CHASSIS,1}" security_name = "myid" passphrase = "mypassword" security_level = "authNoPriv" auth_type = "MD5" } SEE ALSO
AUTHORS
Authors of this man page: Peter D Phan (pdphan@users.sourceforge.net) 2.14.1 2009-11-23 hpionIBMblade(1)