Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check assign
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check assign Post 302982044 by greet_sed on Thursday 22nd of September 2016 03:11:59 PM
Old 09-22-2016
Hi,

$# Number of arguments supplied. Here ${#BUILD_FOLDER} gives length of the fields given as a input in $2

(( )) form is for arithmetic expansion.

For ex. (( i++ ))

I will try with example as follows:

Code:
$ cat 3.sh 
#!/bin/bash

BUILD_FOLDER=$2
i=$((${#BUILD_FOLDER}-1))
j=0 # Not required 
echo $i
((  j++ ))
echo "j is: "$j

Code:
$ /3.sh hi "how are you"
j is: 1
$ ./3.sh hi how are you
j is: 1

Last edited by greet_sed; 09-22-2016 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: Updated the description with correct term

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check a word in a file and assign to a variable

Hi; I'm a newbie in UNIX, would appreciate for the help. I have a unix oracle script (lets call it orcl.sh) The scripts does a login via sqlplus and does some DDL. The orcl.sh script spool the output of the DDL into orcl.log The orcl.sh is executed via another script call A.sh. It is call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hippo2020
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using bc to assign value

Friends here is code which is used to add floating point using bc, but I m not getting any output instead some errors. 1 #!/bin/bash 4 if 5 then 6 echo "Our input is from a Device" 7 while read myline 8 do 9 10 total= `echo $total + $myline... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjinder
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign the value

DATA --------------- 0 Please tell me, if the file contains 0 after --. then assign the value to variable $var=false, DATA --------------- 1 then $var=true, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign value

#! /bin/bash if ; then echo "Set number " else k=$1 sqlplus ${scheme}/${apsswd}@${server} @query.sql $k fi file query.sql looks like this select * from tab1 where number =${k}; =================================== it doesnt work my question is how to assign k value in last... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
2 Replies

7. Linux

HOW TO assign IP in REDHAT 6?

Hi Guys, It may sound silly questions but I am really confused and forgot the sequence to set IP in REDHAT 6. 1st type system-config-network then I give IP as 192.168.1.78 Subnet as 255.255.255.0 Then do /etc/init.d/network restart Then when I check with ifconfig eth0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to assign a value

I have written a shell script to calculate dbsize :- db2 "call get_dbsize_info(?,?,?,-1)" | sed -n '8p' | awk -F : '{print $2}' dbsize=`db2 "call get_dbsize_info(?,?,?,-1)" | sed -n '8p' | awk -F : '{print $2}'` echo $dbsize when I execute it the syntax works but it's not... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check unused ports in a given range and assign an open one

Hi. I need to add code to my KSH script to automatically assign an open port number from a pre-defined range to an Oracle listener. Should I use: lsof -i or netstat -vatn or something else? Thanks. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
9 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)