Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup files cleanup
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Backup files cleanup Post 302981829 by Ramsez on Tuesday 20th of September 2016 09:41:47 AM
Old 09-20-2016
Backup files cleanup

Hello,

I've been able to keep a certain number of backup files with the find -mtime command, but is there a way to add the last 4 Sunday's or any other day?

I checked the man page and forums, but couldn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by rbatte1; 09-20-2016 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: Added ICODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SUM of Backup Files

Hello Everyone, I'm struggiling with backup issues and need to sum up sizes of backup files monthly and add the result to the next month's sum recursively. For this i have a well working script that i modified as i showed below and this part gives the sum of the file sizes under working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove old backup files

# find /home/shantanu -name 'my_stops*' | xargs ls -lt | head -2 The command mentioned above will list the latest 2 files having my_stops in it's name. I want to keep these 2 files. But I want to delete all other files starting with "my_stops" from the current directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cleanup job to remove old files suddenly not working

Hi I have a job that has been running for a while with the following statement to cleanup a directory: find /dbmgtu01/app/myplace/log ! \( -name "dc*" -o -name "sc*" -o -name "ms*" \) -type f -mtime +30 -print -exec rm {} \ ; The directory was recently changed to a mount point, with a symbolic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup files

Greetings. I've got a little bit of problem with writing a script. I'd like to write a script that creates backup files (of your computer) once a week, and on the other days of the week it just updates it. Thanks in advance i hope you can help: buddhist p.s.: this would help a lot, because... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buddhist
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with solaris files backup

Hello, I'm Antony, new solaris user. I need to back-up an old solaris disk. Currently I have installed the Open Solaris operating system on my computer and a USB device I tried to read data on a hard drive with an older version of Solaris, when i try to open the device the operating system tells... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: legoinario_67
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed to backup files.

Hi guys , I m writing a script which will backup a particular folder and its content to a different location. this script needs to be run every weekend. But my problem is how would i apply logic such that the previous backup folder is only deleted if and only if the current backup is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Files

Hi, Using the shell script, how can I backup the files. /etc/password, /etc/group , /etc/shadow and more and needs a backup like /etc/password.12Mar12.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Cleanup special files create via device match in a whole root zone

I added in the configuration file of a whole root zone the following device match entries: <device match="/dev/rmt/*"/> <device match="/dev/sg/*"/> after the reboot the zone was able to see all the devices of its global zone, and let under /dev/rmt and /dev/sg the special files created with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugo_perez
1 Replies

10. AIX

How to backup a directory (sub-directories/files) files from one server on to other ?

Hello, Server A: /directory1/ Server B: /Backups/ i wanted to backup contents of /directory1 from "server A" on to "Server B" every 1 hour. If there is any change in (only new/differences) contents on serverA (directory1/) supposed to be backeup on next run. I did used rsync command to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
BDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference							BDB.DB0(5)

NAME
bdb.DB0, bdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Backup Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The bdb.DB0 file contains the Backup Database, which records configuration information used by the AFS Backup System along with cross- indexed records of the tapes created and volumes dumped using the Backup System commands. The bdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Backup Server (buserver process) logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the Backup Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each database server machine that runs the Backup Server. When the Backup Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the bdb.DB0 file matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Backup Servers use AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Use the commands in the backup suite to administer the Backup Database. It is advisable to create a backup copy of the bdb.DB0 file on tape on a regular basis, using the UNIX tar command or another local disk backup utility. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_savedb(8), buserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BDB.DB0(5)