Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identifying single words in a dictionary database Post 302981154 by RudiC on Wednesday 7th of September 2016 05:36:51 PM
Old 09-07-2016
This is a *nix forum. What *nix tools would be available on your windows environment?
The only difference I see in the output file is
Code:
अकर्मक a Intransitive,neuter.

. What exactly is the operation of the script to be?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dictionary words in vim

how can i get the dictionary words in vim using keyboard keys? and how can i get the current directory filename? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep all words with "con" in them from a dictionary?

Is it possible to grep all words with the string "con" "Con" "CON" etc. etc. from a dictionary? for instance "magic command 'con' dictionary" will spit out words such as Confluence, contended, inconceivable etc etc. I really need this! Thank you! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep multiple words in a single line

Hi.. How to search for multiple words in a single line using grep?. Eg: Jack and Jill went up the hill Jack and Jill were best friends Humpty and Dumpty were good friends too ---------- I want to extract the 2nd statement(assuming there are several statements with... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract text between two words on a single line

Hi Guys, Can someone help me with a way to extract text between two words on a single line. For example if the file has below content I want to extract all text between b and f inclusive of b and f. Aparently sed does this but does it line by line and I guess it cannot read word by word. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnaux
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting all words that start with a capital letter in a string using python dictionary

Hi, I have written the following python snippet to store the capital letter starting words into a dictionary as key and no of its appearances as a value in this dictionary against the key. #!/usr/bin/env python import sys import re hash = {} # initialize an empty dictinonary for line in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying dupes within a database and creating unique sub-sets

Hello, I have a database of name variants with the following structure: variant=variant=variant The number of variants can be as many as thirty to forty. Since the database is quite large (at present around 60,000 lines) duplicate sets of variants creep in. Thus John=Johann=Jon and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count words in a single column

Dear All, I have set of CSV files (comma separated) and each column have some information in them separated by space. Now I want to count them but have not been successful... Example data desired outcome I have tried few things including the link below. for C in $FILES do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reducing multiple entries in a tri-lingual dictionary to single entries

Dear all, I am editing a tri-lingual dictionary for open source which has the following data structure English headwords <Tab>Devanagari Headwords<Tab>PersoArabic headwords as in the example below to mark, to number अंगणु (اَنگَڻُ) The English headword entry has at times more than one word,... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify unique words in a dictionary database

Hello, I have a dictionary which I am building for the Open Source Community. The data structure is as under HEADWORD=PARTOFSPEECH=ENGLISH MEANING as shown in the example below अ=m=Prefix signifying negation. अँहँ=ind=Interjection expressing disapprobation. अं=int=An interjection... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
YDPDICT(1)						      General Commands Manual							YDPDICT(1)

NAME
ydpdict - an interface for Collins and Langenscheidt dictionaries SYNOPSIS
ydpdict [ options ] DESCRIPTION
ydpdict is an ncurses interface for English-Polish and Polish-English Collins dictionaries, as well as German-Polish and Polish-German Lan- genscheidt dictionaries, which are distributed by Young Digital Planet. ydpdict tries to load the configuration file from the following locations (reads only the first one found): 1) ~/ydpdict.conf 2) ~/.ydpdictrc 3) /etc/ydpdict.conf OPTIONS
-e [--eng] Starts the English-Polish dictionary (default). -p [--pol] Starts the Polish-English dictionary. -g [--ger-pol] Starts the German-Polish dictionary. -o [--pol-ger] Starts the Polish-German dictionary. -f [--path=PATH] Sets the path to data files. -c [--cdpath=PATH] Sets the path to the CD. (For audio sample files). -P [--player=PATH] Sets the path to the WAV file player. -w [--word=WORD] Starts the dictionary and translates the specified word. -A [--audio=DEVICE] Sets the default audio device. --version Displays the version of the program. -h [--help] Shows command line options. AUTHOR
ydpdict was written by Wojtek Kaniewski <wojtekka@toxygen.net>. Latest version can be found at http://toxygen.net/ydpdict/ July 1, 2007 YDPDICT(1)