Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Search email addresses using grep command Post 302981057 by ForeignGuy on Wednesday 7th of September 2016 12:23:30 AM
Old 09-07-2016
Thank you so much.

I think I get it. Appreciate it Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to delete email addresses

I need to delete old email addresses and can't them them out of my address I have a dell and am served by MSN? (Email address removed... Neo) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deede
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete old email addresses?

Help! Need to delete old email addresses from address book on Dell Windows 98............. -------- The subject line was one long string - I inserted spaces - oombera (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deede
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

keeps telling me my email addresses don't match

HI there, Trying to register but it keeps telling me my email address doesn't match. I tried several times. I even tried closing out and coming back to the page. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r0k3t
0 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using Mailx to send to list of email addresses

Im trying to use a shell script to send to a list of email addresses in a txt file. Here is what i have tried but it keeps sending to dead.letter... Success.ksh contains... mailx -s"Night Batch Success" 'cat /Scripts/email_addresses.txt' < /Scripts/email_body_message.txt The email body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aguad3
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

email addresses

Greetings to all. I have installed dadamail on my web site and it works extremely well. I have two questions: 1. I have modified dada to bounce bad emails, but only the first newsletter will use the modifications. If I create another list, it doesn't use the modification. What gives? 2. Are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: okbrowder
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Question - two email addresses

Hello, I have an email script that runs when a process is complete. I would like to have the email sent to two different email addresses, but it is only sending it to the first one. Can you take a look and see what I need to correct? I thought if I surrounded them with double quotes and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create email Addresses

Hi, I own 2 websites 1world1game.com and thetoonarmy.net. I can access my 1world accont using mediatemples webmail. The problem i am having is that I want to allow users to register an email from a form on 1World1Game such as tom@thetoonarmy.net and be able to access it from 1world1game. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmail2006
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting list of IP addresses into a grep command

Hi I have an input file with a list of random IP addresses, each on a new line. Below is just an example as I omitted the real IP addresses for obvious reasons. Input: random_ip.txt 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command for email

May I know what is the command-line instruction to show all the subjects and authors of my emails contained in a directory by using egrep? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcuslki
2 Replies
mktemp(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						mktemp(3C)

NAME
mktemp - make a unique file name from a template SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> char *mktemp(char *template); DESCRIPTION
The mktemp() function replaces the contents of the string pointed to by template with a unique file name, and returns template. The string in template should look like a file name with six trailing 'X's; mktemp() will replace the 'X's with a character string that can be used to create a unique file name. Only 26 unique file names per thread can be created for each unique template. RETURN VALUES
The mktemp() function returns the pointer template. If a unique name cannot be created, template points to a null string. ERRORS
No errors are defined. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generate a filename. The following example replaces the contents of the "template" string with a 10-character filename beginning with the characters "file" and returns a pointer to the "template" string that contains the new filename. #include <stdlib.h> ... char *template = "/tmp/fileXXXXXX"; char *ptr; ptr = mktemp(template); USAGE
Between the time a pathname is created and the file opened, it is possible for some other process to create a file with the same name. The mkstemp(3C) function avoids this problem and is preferred over this function. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkstemp(3C), tmpfile(3C), tmpnam(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Sep 2004 mktemp(3C)