Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Put in one line only the lines with digits Post 302981030 by Kibou on Tuesday 6th of September 2016 03:23:48 PM
Old 09-06-2016
I really appreciate it. I am always speechless with your amazing approaches. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep a line with between 3 and 5 digits

Hi, I am having problems using grep to extract only 3,4 or 5 digit numbers from a text file, using: grep '\<\{3,5\}\>' test.txt or grep '\{3,5\}' test.txt or egrep '{3,5}' test.txt I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ceemh3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using tr to put multiple lines of output into one line

Hi all, For a intro UNIX course I'm taking, I need to use the command "tr" to display a file on standard output without any newlines (all on one line). I assume I would start with "cat filename | tr" but don't know what to put after tr. Any ideas would be lovely! Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: otes4
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on string and put new line with parameter

Hi Folks, I am new to ksh, i have informatica parameter file that i need to update everyday with shell script. i need your help updating this file with new parameters. sample data $$TABLE1_DATE=04-27-2011 $$TABLE2_DATE=04-23-2011 $$TABLE3_DATE=03-19-2011 .......Highligned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk concat lines between 2 sequent digits

I would like to print string between two sequent digits and concatenate it into one single line. input.txt 99 cord, rope, strand, twine, twist, 100 strand, twine, twist, cord, rope 101 strand, twine, twist, twine, twist, cord, rope 105 cord, rope ,twi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find filenames with three digits and add zeros to make five digits

Hello all! I've looked all over the internet and this site and have come up a loss with an easy way to make a bash script to do what I want to do. I have a file with a naming convention as follows: 2012-01-18 string of words here 123.jpg 2012-01-18 string of words here 1234.jpg 2012-01-18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buzzman25
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help! Need to put the lines of a txt to one line

Hi all, I'm quite newbie in shell scripting but I found a problem what I cant solve. I have a .txt file which looks like this: /22/ /23/ /24/ and so on and I'd need to make it look like this: /22/|/23/|/24/|...and so on. these numbers are growing and has lines like this /2a/ as well.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gergo235
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep lines with numbers greater than 2 digits at the end of the line

I'm trying to grep lines where the digits at the end of each line are greater than digits. Tried this but it will only allow me to specify 2 digits. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. grep -i '\<\{3,4,5\}\>' file ---------- Post updated at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:41... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminating duplicate lines via specified number of digits

Hello, This is similar to a previous post, where I was trying to eliminate lines where column #1 is duplicated. If it is a duplicate, the line with the greater value in column #2 should be deleted. In this new case, I need to test duplication with the first three digits in column #1 (ignoring the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
6 Replies
xgas(1X)																  xgas(1X)

NAME
xgas - animated simulation of an ideal gas SYNOPSIS
xgas [-option...] OPTIONS
This is a toolkit program; all the usual toolkit options are available. Sets the autoStart resource. Sets the timeStepSize resource. Sets the delay resource. Sets the randomBounce resource. Sets the equilibrium resource. Sets the maxMolecules resource. Sets the fore- ground. Sets the background. DESCRIPTION
xgas is a physical simulation of an ideal gas in a heated box. Gas molecules move around the box with velocities dependent on their temper- ature. A chamber consisting of two boxes contains the gas molecules; the temperature of each box can be independently controlled by a scrollbar. When gas molecules collide with the walls, their temperature approaches that of the box. Use mouse button 1 to create molecules one at a time at the cursor position. Use mouse button 2 to create the maximum number of molecules at the cursor position. RESOURCES
The xgas program uses the following X resources: Starts the simulation automatically. Good for canned demos. Specifies the simulated time duration in microseconds for each cycle of computation. Specifies the real time interval between timestep computations. In each wall col- lision, a molecule bounces elastically (angle of incidence = angle of reflection). A component of randomness is added to this angle. Ran- domBounce varies from 0.0 (no randomness) to 1.0 (completely random angle of incidence). During each wall collision, a molecule's kinetic energy approaches that corresponding to the temperature of the wall. If equilibrium is 1.0, the molecule reaches the wall temperature imme- diately. For values between 1.0 and 0.0, the molecule approaches the temperature of the wall more slowly. Specifies the maximum number of molecules in the simulation. BUGS
When the chamber is resized, molecules should be rearranged appropriately. Instead, the molecule arrays are reinitialized. SEE ALSO
X(1X), xwd(1X) AUTHOR
Larry Medwin xgas(1X)