Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Put in one line only the lines with digits Post 302981018 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 6th of September 2016 11:44:57 AM
Old 09-06-2016
Hello Kibou,

Could you please try following.
Code:
awk '($0 ~ /title/){if(Q){print Q ORS $0;Q=""} else {print};next} {sub(/.*\//,X,$0);Q=Q?Q ($0?OFS $0:RS):$0;} END{print Q}' OFS=,   Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
titleA

titleB

titleC

EDIT: Adding above solution's little polish version.
Code:
awk '($0 ~ /title/){W=Q?Q ORS $0:$0;print W;W=Q="";next} {sub(/.*\//,X,$0);Q=Q?Q ($0?OFS $0:RS):$0} END{print Q}' OFS=,   Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 09-06-2016 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: Added one more solution now successfully.
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep a line with between 3 and 5 digits

Hi, I am having problems using grep to extract only 3,4 or 5 digit numbers from a text file, using: grep '\<\{3,5\}\>' test.txt or grep '\{3,5\}' test.txt or egrep '{3,5}' test.txt I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ceemh3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using tr to put multiple lines of output into one line

Hi all, For a intro UNIX course I'm taking, I need to use the command "tr" to display a file on standard output without any newlines (all on one line). I assume I would start with "cat filename | tr" but don't know what to put after tr. Any ideas would be lovely! Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: otes4
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on string and put new line with parameter

Hi Folks, I am new to ksh, i have informatica parameter file that i need to update everyday with shell script. i need your help updating this file with new parameters. sample data $$TABLE1_DATE=04-27-2011 $$TABLE2_DATE=04-23-2011 $$TABLE3_DATE=03-19-2011 .......Highligned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk concat lines between 2 sequent digits

I would like to print string between two sequent digits and concatenate it into one single line. input.txt 99 cord, rope, strand, twine, twist, 100 strand, twine, twist, cord, rope 101 strand, twine, twist, twine, twist, cord, rope 105 cord, rope ,twi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find filenames with three digits and add zeros to make five digits

Hello all! I've looked all over the internet and this site and have come up a loss with an easy way to make a bash script to do what I want to do. I have a file with a naming convention as follows: 2012-01-18 string of words here 123.jpg 2012-01-18 string of words here 1234.jpg 2012-01-18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buzzman25
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help! Need to put the lines of a txt to one line

Hi all, I'm quite newbie in shell scripting but I found a problem what I cant solve. I have a .txt file which looks like this: /22/ /23/ /24/ and so on and I'd need to make it look like this: /22/|/23/|/24/|...and so on. these numbers are growing and has lines like this /2a/ as well.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gergo235
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep lines with numbers greater than 2 digits at the end of the line

I'm trying to grep lines where the digits at the end of each line are greater than digits. Tried this but it will only allow me to specify 2 digits. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. grep -i '\<\{3,4,5\}\>' file ---------- Post updated at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:41... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminating duplicate lines via specified number of digits

Hello, This is similar to a previous post, where I was trying to eliminate lines where column #1 is duplicated. If it is a duplicate, the line with the greater value in column #2 should be deleted. In this new case, I need to test duplication with the first three digits in column #1 (ignoring the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)