Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Auto enter for prompt messages Post 302980903 by Abu Rayane on Sunday 4th of September 2016 11:01:45 PM
Old 09-05-2016
Sorry for that, I did not pay attention to these errors, I was focussing on timeout stuff Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter if-then condition on command prompt/line ?

Hi I have some trouble entering if-then condition in a single line on a command prompt in csh. Could someone show how does one do that ? eg: source .cshrc; cd $dir; pwd; test -d $backup_dir; if then mkdir -p ${backup_dir}; echo inside loop; fi; echo outside loop; mv -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpc8250
3 Replies

2. AIX

AIX auto delete old mail messages

We have had an issue where the mail file filled up. Is there a setting in sendmail.cf to automatically remove old emails? Say after 14 days. If not is there any way automatically to delete older mail files?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

enter password at prompt during a script?

I'm using rsync with the "-e ssh" option so of course it asks for a password using a prompt. Is there a way to tell a script to expect a prompt, wait for it, and give a password when it arrives? There is a way to give rsync a password as part of its options using a file, but it only works with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidstvz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter commands to the command prompt in a program

Hey, So I'm trying to write a program in unix to automate a process for my astrophysics research. Basically I want the program to prompt the user for some information and store the entered string of text as a variable. I know how to do this. This is where I need help: Now lets say I have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemoniez
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Console - root command prompt displayed twice after hitting enter

Dear All, I hope you can help me. I have a pair of E2900's I've inherited. Both running Solaris 9. Both have LOM> consoles. The problem I'm experiencing only occurs when connected to the /dev/console tty. Whenever I hit 'Enter' for a new line, I receive two new lines: - myhost# ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleith
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto-exit from telnet prompt

Hi, Hope all your are doing well. Need a suggestion from you. I am writing an automated shell script that will effectively check the telnet connectivity with different backends from present deployment server. Ideally, this script reads each backend hostname from a configuration file and fires... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to prompt the user to enter an array in tcsh

Hello, I am writing a script that requires the user to enter a string of numbers: ex: 134 345 865 903 This command only allows for one variable to be entered: set "var" = $< and than once I got the array I want to change it to a list with each input on a different line: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarones
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to prompt user to enter data

Hi All I have a script that moves files from one dir to another dir based on date, but I would like to change it in a way that whoever is going to run to enter the dates in which files will be removed. This is my script: #!/bin/sh touch -mt 201302250000 /tmp/ref3 touch -mt 201302282359... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop logic, enter into respective IF as per enter input file name

have three big data file, however I just need to see the mentioned below one line form the all the file which has SERVER_CONNECTION Value File 1 export SERVER_CONNECTION=//dvlna002:10001/SmartServer File2 export SERVER_CONNECTION=///SmartServer File3 export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto ENTER key on TERM

I'm working in a UNIX box that's owned by a vendor. They have it set up by State, meaning when I need to program script related to certain States, I type in, for example, "CA", it goes to a whole other terminal: ddqsw:pts/2:login miller CA TERM = ( vt100 ) When I do this I have to hit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
7 Replies
XSetNormalHints(3X11)													     XSetNormalHints(3X11)

Name
       XSetNormalHints, XGetNormalHints - set or get normal state hints

Syntax
       XSetNormalHints(display, w, hints)
	     Display *display;
	     Window w;
	     XSizeHints *hints;

Status XGetNormalHints(display, w, hints_return)
	     Display *display;
	     Window w;
	     XSizeHints *hints_return;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

hints	 Specifies a pointer to the size hints for the window in its normal state.

hints_return
		 Returns the size hints for the window in its normal state.

w	 Specifies the window.

Description
       The function sets the size hints structure for the specified window.  Applications use to inform the window manager of the size or position
       desirable for that window.  In addition, an application that wants to move or resize itself should call and specify its new  desired  loca-
       tion  and  size	as  well  as  making direct Xlib calls to move or resize.  This is because window managers may ignore redirected configure
       requests, but they pay attention to property changes.

To set size hints, an application not only must assign values to the appropriate members in the hints structure but also must set the flags
       member of the structure to indicate which information is present and where it came from.  A call to is meaningless, unless the flags member
       is set to indicate which members of the structure have been assigned values.

can generate and errors.

The function returns the size hints for a window in its normal state.  It returns a nonzero status if it succeeds or zero if  the  applica-
       tion specified no normal size hints for this window.

can generate a error.

Property
       WM_NORMAL_HINTS

Diagnostics
       The server failed to allocate the requested resource or server memory.

A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XSetCommand(3X11), XSetIconName(3X11), XSetIconSizeHints(3X11), XSetSizeHints(3X11), XSetStandardProperties(3X11), XSetWMHints(3X11), XSet-
       ZoomHints(3X11), XStoreName(3X11)
       Guide to the Xlib Library

XSetNormalHints(3X11)