Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to call Oracle function with multiple arguments from shell script? Post 302980482 by Balraj on Monday 29th of August 2016 02:28:47 AM
Old 08-29-2016
Display

Hi jim mcnamara,
Thank you for pointing out the problem in my code. I removed all unnecessary lines as you suggested. Still I'm getting same error. I'm posting my entire shell script code below.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
### ##########################################################################################################################################
###   Below Code is setting environment varaible path.
### ##########################################################################################################################################
ORACLE_BASE=/data/oracle/app
ORACLE_HOME=/data/oracle/app/product/db/11.2.0
ORACLE_SID=gxcdb
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
export ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH

now=$(date)

echo  "Process Started at- '$now' "
date

###   Below select statment will fetch  Source and archive directory path.

path_varaible=$( 
                echo "set feed off
                set pages 0
                select response_data_dir_path,archive_dir_path
                from xw_config 
                where name ='RESP';
                exit
                "  | sqlplus -s SCOTT/TIGER
               )

if [ -z "$path_varaible" ]; then
    echo "No rows returned from database"
    exit 0
else
    echo "path_varaible value available"
fi

###   Assigning values to varaible from above select statement.

data_dir=`echo $path_varaible | awk '{print $1}'`
archive_dir=`echo $path_varaible | awk '{print $2}'`

echo "data_dir is $data_dir"
echo "archive_dir is $archive_dir"

cd $data_dir

echo "************** varaible values ***************"
var_table_name='XW_RESPONSE_DATA'
var_directory='XW_SP_XML_DIR'
var_ignore_header=1
var_delimiter=','
var_optional_enclosed='"'

echo "var_table_name : $var_table_name"
echo "var_directory : $var_directory"
echo "var_ignore_header : $var_ignore_header"
echo "var_delimiter : $var_delimiter"
echo "var_optional_enclosed : $var_optional_enclosed"

for filename in *.csv;
do
 echo "connecting to DB and start processing '$filename' file "
 echo "csv file name=$filename"
 sqlplus -s SCOTT/TIGER <!
 DECLARE
 RetVal  NUMBER;
 exec SCOTT.LOAD_CSV('$var_table_name','$var_directory','$filename',$var_ignore_header,'$var_delimiter','$var_optional_enclosed',:RetVal)
 END
 /!
echo "File '$filename' load completed"
done

Still I'm getting below error message:
Code:
test.sh: line 81: syntax error near unexpected token `('
test.sh: line 81: ` execute SCOTT.LOAD_CSV('$var_table_name','$var_directory','$filename',$var_ignore_header,'$var_delimiter','$var_optional_enclosed',:RetVal)'

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please wrap all code, files, input & output/errors in CODE tags.
It makes them far easier to read and preserves multiple spaces for indenting or fixed-width data.

Last edited by rbatte1; 08-30-2016 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to a function in a shell script?

Hi, I have two shell variables $t1 and $t2 which I need to pass to a function in a shell script. The function will do some computation with those two variables and echo the resultant. But I do not know how to pass teh arguments. The function written is f1() {...... ........ } What should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetikate
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i call a function in shell script

i have a function written in one shell script and i want to call that function in another shell script and use the value returned by that script. can any one suggest me how can i do that? regards, Rajesh.P (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh.P
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

no of arguments to function in shell script

Hi, I have a function in shell script fun1{ echo "No.of arguments are..."} this function will be called in same script by passing arguments fun 1 2 3 I want to check the no. of arguments passed to fun1 function in the same functionbefore validation. can any one suggest me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB

Hi everyone! I'm new with Shell Scripting, and I have to do a shell script to call a procedure, which have 2 input parameters, the directory(from server) and the txt file (which have informations to update/insert in DB). I have to create a shell script to execute that procedure for each txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renatoal
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to call another function

Here is the following code : 1. # gcc -c test firstprog.c the above command will generate a executable file called "test " in which ever directory it is run. Assuming It will also return a value. 2. In the below SCRIPT . test is a file generated by compiling a c program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to call Oracle package through shell script?

Hey i have a package in oracle to validate file mask. can i call it in through shell script . if yes , how Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to call a function with arguments

I need to call a function within a code with $database and $ service as the arguments How do I proceed ? and how would a function be defined and these two arguments would be used inside the function? calc_pref_avail $database $service Best regards, Vishal (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange function call in the shell script parse_prog_args $@

I am converting shell script to Perl. In shell I have a code parse_prog_args() { if then while do case $1 in -P* | -p* ) export PROCESS_DATE=$2 export MM=`echo $2 | cut -c5-6` export DD=`echo $2 | cut -c7-8` export YY=`echo $2 | cut -c3-4` export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call same function using 2 different arguments

I have a script that uses 2 arguments. I want to call the function part within this script using these same arguments. Below is what I came up with below script so far, any guidance would be helpful. Thank you! cat backup.sh #!/bin/bash function usage { echo "USAGE: $(basename $0)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
6 Replies