Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Concatenation script
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Concatenation script Post 302980002 by Don Cragun on Monday 22nd of August 2016 06:01:39 PM
Old 08-22-2016
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment This thread seems to be a duplicate of the thread Concatenation of files with same naming patterns dynamically. Please continue any further discussion of this topic there.

There thread is closed.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 08-23-2016 at 04:08 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation

What is syntax for String concatenation? I have $1 as directory. $var is some variable value '/' String value. How do I have to concatenate if I have to run utility - util $1 followed by '/' followed by $var There is no space between these three. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation

How can I do this: date = 4 -----------> 04 Month= 3-----------> 03 I wish to make a varibale named Var1 which will hold the value of current date and month value as: 2 digits for date. 2 digits for month. So finally var1 should hold value as 0403 --- MMDD (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive Concatenation

Hi, I have a problem with concatenation text files. I have a directory, say 'foo' Inside this folder, I have many sub folders, say 'oof1, oof2 .... oof20' Each oof directory has a number of text files inside it. I need to concatenate all the text files in oof directories within foo...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kerensa@unsw.ed
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenation Of Variables

Hi, when I echo the values of two variables that have been set for example: export FRUIT1=ORANGE export FRUIT2=APPLE echo $FRUIT1 ORANGE echo $FRUIT2 APPLE as expected but when I echo the following: echo ${FRUIT1}AND{$FRUIT2} I was expecting to get: ORANGEANDAPPLE but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaxim
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep concatenation??

So, I have huge results file and I need to extract two lines, so far I know that these two commands separately do what I need: grep "Query=" results.out grep "Sequence" -2 results.out Now, I have no idea how to concatenate these results together so that every query matches up with their... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation of two patterns

Read the lines from the file and concatenate the lines into single line then search the string "INPUT=" from the another file and if "INPUT" is present in that file assign the concatenate patterns into "INPUT=" pattern. example: file1.txt <some lines> INPUT = <some lines> file2.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsureshmca
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String concatenation

I have a script which is migrated from AIX to Linux & now while running it is no able to concatenate string values The string concatenation step under while loop is not displaying desired result Please find below the piece of code: while read EXT_FILE ; do EXT_FILE=$EXT_FILE.ext.sent echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File concatenation

awk '{$2=$2":"$8"-"$3;$3=$NF;$4=$NF="";print $0 | $10=$10":"$8"-"$18;$11=$NF;$12=$NF="";print $0 }' design.txt Trying to concatenate specific fields in a spreadsheet and the others remain unchanged. I attached an excel spreadsheet (all the data comes from a design.txt), but I put an example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenation script

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies
libglib-2.0.3(3)					 Introduction to Library Functions					  libglib-2.0.3(3)

NAME
libglib-2.0, libgmodule-2.0, libgthread-2.0 - general purpose utility library, GLib support for dynamic plug-ins, GLib support for thread abstraction DESCRIPTION
GLib is a general-purpose utility library, which provides many useful data types, macros, type conversions, string utilities, a main loop abstraction, and so on. libgmodule-2.0 provides a portable method of dynamically loading plug-ins or shared object modules. libgthread-2.0 provides a thread abstraction which includes threads, different mutex methods, conditions, and thread private data. It also provides different useful patterns such as thread pools. To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so GNOME general purpose shared library /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.GLib dynamic plug-in shared library /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.GLib thread abstraction shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs SUNWg- | | |nome-base-libs-64 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
glib-genmarshal(1), libgobject-2.0(3), glib-gettextize(3), glib-mkenums(3) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 31 Aug 2004 libglib-2.0.3(3)