Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory footprint
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Memory footprint Post 302979980 by chercheur111 on Monday 22nd of August 2016 03:11:40 PM
Old 08-22-2016
Memory footprint

Hi all,

Please, what mean :

an analysis of the memory footprint for used applications.

what results i have to provide ?

Thank you so much for help.
Kind regards.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How can I get memory usage or anything that show memory used from sar file?

Refer from title: How can i get memory used or anything that can show memory from sar file example on solaris:- we can use sar with option to show memory used at time that sar crontab run. on HP-UX, it not has option to see memory used. But i think it may be have some parameter or some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panithat
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

3. Programming

How to deal with lots of data in memory in order not to run out of memory

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to manage memory when I have to deal with lots of data. Basically I'm indexing a huge file (5GB, but it can be bigger), by creating tables that holds offset <-> startOfSomeData information. Currently I'm mapping the whole file at once (yep!) but of course the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emitrax
1 Replies

4. Solaris

restrcit physical memory with zone.max-locked-memory

Is it possible to restrict physical memory in solaris zone with zone.max-locked-memory just like we can do with rcapd ? I do not want to used rcapd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

5. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies
FOOTPRINT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      FOOTPRINT(1)

NAME
footprint -- gathers memory information about one or more processes SYNOPSIS
footprint [-j path] [-f bytes|formatted|pages] [-p name|pid] [-x name|pid] [-t] [-s] [-v] [-y] [-w] [--swapped] [--wired] [-a] process-name | pid | memgraph [...] footprint -h, --help DESCRIPTION
The footprint utility gathers and displays memory consumption information for the specified processes or memory graph files. footprint will display all addressable memory used by the specified processes, but it emphasizes memory considered 'dirty' by the kernel for purposes of accounting. If multiple processes are specified, footprint will de-duplicate multiply mapped objects and will display shared objects separately from private ones. footprint must be run as root when inspecting processes that are not owned by the current user. OPTIONS
-a, --all target all processes (will take much longer) -j, --json path also save a JSON representation of the data to the specified path -f, --format bytes|formatted|pages textual output should be formatted in bytes, pages, or human-readable formatted (default) -p, --proc name target the given process by name (can be used multiple times) -p, --pid pid target the given process by pid (can be used multiple times) -x, --exclude name/pid exclude the given process by name or pid (can be used multiple times) often used with --all to exclude some processes from analysis -t, --targetChildren in addition to the supplied processes, target their children, grandchildren, etc. -s, --skip skip processes that are dirty tracked and have no outstanding XPC transactions (i.e., are "clean") -v display vmmap-like output of address space layout -y, --summary print only regions with dirty memory, and condense __TEXT, __DATA, and __LINKEDIT regions into 'Other' subtotal -w, --wide show wide output with all columns (implies --swapped --wired) --swapped show swapped/compressed column, a subset of 'dirty' --wired show wired memory column, a subset of 'dirty' -h, --help display help and exit SAMPLE USAGE
footprint Mail WindowServer OS X
January 29, 2018 OS X