Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine awk commands into one Post 302979687 by SkySmart on Wednesday 17th of August 2016 07:49:05 PM
Old 08-17-2016
the command searches for a pattern, and grabs a specific number of lines that come before AND after the pattern is found.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Two Commands Output

How i can combine output of two commands in one file.......i tried this but it is not working although each command is working good seperately..... head -1 filename | tail -1 filename i think there is problem with command concatenator? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: 33junaid
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine commands

Hi, i tried to combine grep with find and it didnt work grep 'find dirname filename" i also would like that the file will be sorted in the way. thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spoiler
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk, combine commands

How would I combine two nawk commands together without calling up nawk twice. Just like the sed -e command nawk '$3>=from&&$3<=to' from="$STIME" to="$ETIME" | nawk '{$5="";$6=""}1' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I combine these two commands into one?

sed -e :a -e 's/<*>//g;/</N;//ba' a2.html -removes html tags and sed -i 's/YOURS TRULY/Joe Bob/' a2.html Replaces a string with another string can i make it into one string? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine awk and bash commands in script ?

Dear friends, I am just trying write one script using 2 files one file will contain details like below #X SERVER X LOCATION URL="http://www.abcd.com" FILENAME="abc.txt" ID_NAME="myabc_xyz" SERVER_PATH="/usr/local/dummy/html/....." #Y SERVER Y LOCATION URL="http://www.xyz.com"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple awk commands

Hi Team, I am getting input like below $ ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v asm | grep -v grep oracle 3246 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_racora1 oracle 4367 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_test1 oracle 6893 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_gipora1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe or combine output of three awk commands

What is the correct syntax to pipe or run three awk commands? Basically, using the output of the first awk as input in the second. Then using the output of the second awk in the third. Thank you :). awk 'FNR==NR {E; next }$3 in E {print $3, $5}' panel_genes.txt RefSeqGene.txt > update.txt |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple commands

I have the following sh-script: konsole -T todo -e vi todo.txt & konsole -T window1 -e ssh user@server & konsole -T window2 -e ssh user@server2 -e cd directory & The first two lines are working fine. The first opens a txt-file, the second opens a ssh-connection. The third line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre666
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two awk commands

Hi, Can someone please guide me how to combine the following two awk calls in one? I noticed that it is very often situation for me, and I think that it can be replaced with one awk call. The question is more general, not the exact one. echo "A B C/D" | awk '{print $3}' | awk -F/ '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 2 Commands

Hello, I have the following code. I wonder if it can be combined into 1 command. y=`ls -1| tail -n 1` m=${y%.abc} Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies
fmlgrep(1F)							   FMLI Commands						       fmlgrep(1F)

NAME
fmlgrep - search a file for a pattern SYNOPSIS
fmlgrep [-b] [-c] [-i] [-l] [-n] [-s] [-v] limited_regular_expression [filename]... DESCRIPTION
fmlgrep searches filename for a pattern and prints all lines that contain that pattern. fmlgrep uses limited regular expressions (expres- sions that have string values that use a subset of the possible alphanumeric and special characters) like those described on the regexp(5) manual page to match the patterns. It uses a compact non-deterministic algorithm. Be careful when using FMLI special characters (for instance, $, `, ', ") in limited_regular_expression. It is safest to enclose the entire limited_regular_expression in single quotes ' ... '. If filename is not specified, fmlgrep assumes standard input. Normally, each line matched is copied to standard output. The file name is printed before each line matched if there is more than one input file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Precede each line by the block number on which it was found. This can be useful in locating block numbers by context (first block is 0). -c Print only a count of the lines that contain the pattern. -i Ignore upper/lower case distinction during comparisons. -l Print only the names of files with matching lines, separated by new-lines. Does not repeat the names of files when the pattern is found more than once. -n Precede each line by its line number in the file (first line is 1). -s Suppress error messages about nonexistent or unreadable files. -v Print all lines except those that contain the pattern. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 if the pattern is found (that is, TRUE) 1 if the pattern is not found (that is, FALSE) 2 if an invalid expression was used or filename is inaccessible ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), fmlcut(1F), grep(1), attributes(5), regexp(5) NOTES
Lines are limited to BUFSIZ characters; longer lines are truncated. BUFSIZ is defined in /usr/include/stdio.h. If there is a line with embedded nulls, fmlgrep will only match up to the first null; if it matches, it will print the entire line. SunOS 5.11 28 Mar 1995 fmlgrep(1F)