Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Function Returns
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function Returns Post 302979336 by stomp on Friday 12th of August 2016 12:00:39 PM
Old 08-12-2016
Code:
./test[150]: region_lookup_with_details[57]:set_region[15]:2: not found [No such file or directory]

To clarify, this is how I understand this error message:
  • it's a call from region_lookup_with_details(line 57)
  • next deeper call is set_region(line 15)
  • there the error message is 2: not found [No such file or directory]

I'm not sure what zonecheck is and what it does. But what I see is this:

Code:
zonecheck eq 0
while $zonecheck eq 0

You call it as function/command/alias. Next line you call a variable with the same name. Is that a typo?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

function returns string

Can I create a function to return non-interger value in shell script? for example, function getcommand () { echo "read command" read command echo $command } command=$(getcommand) I tried to do something as above. The statement echo "read command" does not show up. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep without returns...

Is there a command where I can pipe my grep into it and it will output it with spaces rather than returns? Example I want to turn prompt$ grep blah file blah blah into this prompt$ grep blah file | someCommand blah blah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function returns wrong values - solved

Hi I have a small function which returns a wrong value. The function tries to make a connection to oracle database and tries to get the open_mode of the database in the variable status. However when a database is down the value of the status column is set to READWRITE i am not sure why. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep returns nothing

Hi all, I am trying to grep a .txt file for a word. When I hit enter, it returns back to $ The file is 4155402 in size and is named in this way: *_eveningtimes_done_log.txt I use this command, being in the same directory as the file: grep -i "invalid" *_eveningtimes_done_log.txt ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dlsym() returns 0 for an existing function

Sometimes I observe this in gdb: (gdb) br my_function Breakpoint .. at 0x...: file ..., line ... i.e., "my_function" does exist in the current executable. however, dlsym does not find it: (gdb) p dlsym(0,"my_function") $6 = 0 This is a C program; dlsym does find other defined functions and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sds
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculation returns no value

#/bin/sh ..... #convert memory to MB let "mmsize_a= ($mmsize)/256" let "mminuse_a= ($mminuse)/256" let "mmfree_a= ($mmsize_a -$mminuse_a)" let "mmfreepercent= (($mmfree_a)/($mmsize_a))*100" # #format output echo "\n\n######################" >>$sndFile echo "\n$sysName Total Memory usage"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function returns a value but cannot be stored in other variable

I need help to store the value returned from the function to one variable and then use that variable. PREVIOUS_DATE_FUNCTION() { date '+%m %d %Y' | { read MONTH DAY YEAR DAY=`expr "$DAY" - 1` case "$DAY" in 0) MONTH=`expr "$MONTH" - 1` case... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in function returns value

Hi, I need to return a value from the function. the value will be the output from cat command which uses random fucntion. #!/bin/ksh hello() { var1=$(`cat /dev/urandom| tr -dc 'a-zA-Z0-9-!%&()*+,-/:;<=>?_'|fold -w 10 | head -n 1`) echo "value is" var1 return var1 } hello var=$?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit always returns 0

This returns 0 even when it does not delete any files. Is it because -print returns 0? RETVAL=$? Docs_Backups=/media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/Documents_Backups/ Scripts_Backups=/media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/Script_Backups/ # create some old files #touch -d 20120101... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)