Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Filesets for IBM ultrium lto 5 (SAS) Post 302978993 by sh_1580 on Monday 8th of August 2016 12:54:23 AM
Old 08-08-2016
Download Tape Driver from Fix Central (it's call Atape ) & install. Than run cfgmgr. The tape drive as well media changer (if any) will be get detected.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LTO 3 on rp7400

hi guys, I have a rp7400 running on 11i and i would like to attach LTO3 certance OEM quantum to this box using an ultra 2 scsi lvd/se-A5149A PCI adapter.Once i attached this card and try to detect it in boot handler running the io command,i can't see the card but once i attach it to the internal... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giriplug
0 Replies

2. AIX

Ultrium Tape

Hello world I would to know the age of utrium tape ? How many time i can use one tape ???? THank you all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mktahar
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

LTO Compatibility

Is any one told me that LTO3 tape Cartridge is compatible with LTO2 Tape Drive. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn Paul
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Configure New LTO-2 Tape Drive

Can I do this live? Or, do I need to do a probe-scsi-all after doing a stop/A? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgordon
10 Replies

5. AIX

Miss filesets

Hello everyone I updated a partition from TL06 to TL09, everything looks ok. I check the errpt comand, lppchk -v and both are fine. But when I type this command I got this $ instfix -i |grep ML All filesets for 5300-02_AIX_ML were found. All filesets for 5.3.0.0_AIX_ML were... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

6. AIX

Ultrium LTO3 Tape Drive for pSeries p570

I have 2 servers in my office which are p570 and p550. Both run under AIX 5300-07. And I only have 1 x SCSI Ultrium LTO3 Tape Drive. For syncronization purposes, I always backup p570 server's database and restore into p550 server. And due to the frequent process of syncronization, I require to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

7. Solaris

LTO replacement

Hi guys, I've changed the LTO3 device, but the OS (Solaris10) doesn't feel it. From the ok> prompt i've launched the probe-scsi-all command and it worked fine because i could see the new device; the from the ok> i booted the system (normal boot, probably a boot -r could be better..) and from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
11 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun E220R + HP (SCSI) LTO Ultrium Tape Drive

Hi all, this time I'd need a help from an advanced Solaris system admin :rolleyes: I attached a HP StorageWorks Ultrium 215 Tape Drives - Overview - c00059530 - HP Business Support Center to my Sun E220R and it got recognized immediately (probe-scsi-all). Now the operating system boot process... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
8 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to find the head cleaning history on HP HP MSL4048 1 LT0-4 Ultrium 1840?

Please guide me how to get the head cleaning history on HP HP MSL4048 1 LT0-4 Ultrium 1840. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marunmeera
0 Replies

10. AIX

Iconv: conversion IBM-852 to UTF8 : which filesets to be installed ?

Hello. We have to make conversion from ibm-852 to UTF-8 (using iconv). We already installed bos.iconv.iso2, but I suppose another fileset is missing : # echo toto | iconv -f UTF-8 -t IBM-852 iconv: 0791-004 cannot open converter I know I can make this conversion from IBM-852 to UTF-8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies
cfgmgr.auth(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						    cfgmgr.auth(4)

NAME
cfgmgr.auth - Configuration management server authorization database SYNOPSIS
/etc/cfgmgr.auth DESCRIPTION
The cfgmgr.auth file lists the remote systems that are authorized to modify the local system's kernel subsystem configuration. Using the sysconfig command, system administrators can maintain the kernel subsystem configuration on local and remote hosts. To secure access to the kernel subsystem configuration, the local configuration management server (cfgmgr) answers requests from remote systems only when the remote system is listed in the cfgmgr.auth file. Each entry in the file has the following form: host-name Where host-name specifies the full domain name of the remote host. You must list each remote host on a separate line and only the first 128 characters of each line are read and processed. Lines beginning with the pound sign (#) are comments. If the cfgmgr.auth file does not exist, the configuration management server assumes no remote system administrators are allowed to config- ure, reconfigure, or unconfigure any kernel subsystem on the local host. EXAMPLES
The following shows entries in the cfgmgr.auth file on a host named buster: salmon.zk3.dec.com trout.zk3.dec.com bluefish.zk3.dec.com This cfgmgr.auth file allows system administrators on the salmon, trout, and bluefish hosts to configure, reconfigure, and unconfigure sub- systems on buster. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cfgmgr(8), sysconfig(8), sysconfigdb(8), kloadsrv(8) Files: /etc/sysconfigtab(4) System Administration delim off cfgmgr.auth(4)