Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Subroutine or Function Summary Post 302978928 by kristinu on Friday 5th of August 2016 06:26:58 PM
Old 08-05-2016
I have tried the following and it should print

Code:
 Function str_numeric  &
   (                   &
     s, fmt, mold      &
   )                   &
     Result (b)
   !
 Logical :: b
 Character (len=*), Intent (in) :: s, fmt
 Class (*), Intent (in) :: mold

However the output is getting past the blank line after

Code:

Code:
 !$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

!> \brief Determines if a string is numeric.
 !
 !> \par Example
 !> \code{.f} 
 !>    Character (len=8) :: s;  Logical :: isnum; 
  !> \endcode
 !
 !> \param[in] s     String.
 !> \param[in] fmt   Format descriptor.
 !> \param[in] mold  Scalar or an array of any type. 
 !
 !> \result    True if string represents a numeric value. 

Function str_numeric  &
   (                   &
     s, fmt, mold      &
   )                   &
     Result (b)
   !
 Logical :: b
 Character (len=*), Intent (in) :: s, fmt

Real :: r
 Integer :: i
 Double Precision :: d

Character (len=65) :: frmt
 Integer :: ios

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Using the passwdpolicy() subroutine.

Okay, so in AIX, there are various subroutines that is built in to the OS. The subroutine is I want to use is passwdpolicy(). So I want to construct a C program that will be able to pass credentials into the program and thusly into the subroutine. I'm not asking for homework, or for someone to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: syndex
0 Replies

2. Programming

Subroutine Hung

Hi friends I am Administrator for a system works with uinx OS but, many times I get messages from server console inform me about Subroutine is Hanging so what can I do to reset this Subroutine? Note: always when I got that I restart the server but I think that is not professional solution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Subroutine / Function in case statement

I have issue running functions under case statement #!/bin/bash single() { Commands } multiple() { Commands } until ; do echo -e " \t \t M A I N - M E N U Perforce delete script \n" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram003
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running more than one function from a subroutine

Hi All I am new to perl so had one question. I have one Subroutine which works as expected and below is just an example. where I ran a command and check the output. so my question is if I have more than one command then how to check the results, meaning I want to add more command and check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts not updating from subroutine.

So, I'm running a script with a couple of subroutines, one of which takes arguments using getopts. The first time i call the subroutine everything works as expected, the second time I call it none of the arguments change. Here's a small section of code that shows this behavior. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhibbit
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Subroutine

Okay I have a 1TB drive that is almost completely full with vids. I am in the process of converting them to mp4. I have two scripts right now. One is a shell script to convert them with Handbrake. The other is a script to get a sort of progress report. To make things easier to understand, I will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalton63841
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to bash script function (or subroutine)

I've found a few posts regarding passing parameters to a function or subroutine, but for some reason when I try to run a command based on part with these parameters it's not working. If I have the function echo the parameters they show correctly so I believe they are being passed right but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: withanh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert FORTRAN subroutine to awk function?

Hi All I am trying to convert some Fortran subroutine to awk function , those who know kindly explain how to define function in awk, and how to call function Fortran subroutine looks somewhat like this SUBROUTINE GDATE (JD, YEAR,MONTH,DAY) C C---COMPUTES THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR DATE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies
Bio::TreeIO::svggraph(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Bio::TreeIO::svggraph(3pm)

NAME
Bio::TreeIO::svggraph - A simple output format that converts a Tree object to an SVG output SYNOPSIS
use Bio::TreeIO; my $in = Bio::TreeIO->new(-file => 'input', -format => 'newick'); my $out = Bio::TreeIO->new(-file => '>output', -format => 'svggraph'); while( my $tree = $in->next_tree ) { my $svg_xml = $out->write_tree($tree); } DESCRIPTION
This outputs a tree as an SVG graphic using the SVG::Graph API FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Brian OConnor Email brian.oconnor-at-excite.com CONTRIBUTORS
Allen Day Guillaume Rousse, Guillaume-dot-Rousse-at-inria-dot-fr APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $obj = Bio::TreeIO::svggraph->new(); Function: Builds a new Bio::TreeIO::svggraph object Returns : Bio::TreeIO::svggraph Args :-width => image width (default 1600) -height => image height (default 1000) -margin => margin (default 30) -stroke => stroke color (default 'black') -stroke_width=> stroke width (default 2) -font_size=> font size (default '10px') -nomalize => undef or 'log' (default is undef) write_tree Title : write_tree Usage : $treeio->write_tree($tree); Function: Write a tree out to data stream in newick/phylip format Returns : none Args : Bio::Tree::TreeI object decorateRoot Title : _decorateRoot Usage : internal methods Function: Example : Returns : Args : next_tree Title : next_tree Usage : Function: Sorry not possible with this format Returns : none Args : none perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::TreeIO::svggraph(3pm)