Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Subroutine or Function Summary Post 302978785 by RudiC on Thursday 4th of August 2016 02:49:39 AM
Old 08-04-2016
Code:
sed -n '/^ *\([sS]ub\|[fF]unc\)/,/^ *$/p' file

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Using the passwdpolicy() subroutine.

Okay, so in AIX, there are various subroutines that is built in to the OS. The subroutine is I want to use is passwdpolicy(). So I want to construct a C program that will be able to pass credentials into the program and thusly into the subroutine. I'm not asking for homework, or for someone to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: syndex
0 Replies

2. Programming

Subroutine Hung

Hi friends I am Administrator for a system works with uinx OS but, many times I get messages from server console inform me about Subroutine is Hanging so what can I do to reset this Subroutine? Note: always when I got that I restart the server but I think that is not professional solution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Subroutine / Function in case statement

I have issue running functions under case statement #!/bin/bash single() { Commands } multiple() { Commands } until ; do echo -e " \t \t M A I N - M E N U Perforce delete script \n" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram003
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running more than one function from a subroutine

Hi All I am new to perl so had one question. I have one Subroutine which works as expected and below is just an example. where I ran a command and check the output. so my question is if I have more than one command then how to check the results, meaning I want to add more command and check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts not updating from subroutine.

So, I'm running a script with a couple of subroutines, one of which takes arguments using getopts. The first time i call the subroutine everything works as expected, the second time I call it none of the arguments change. Here's a small section of code that shows this behavior. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhibbit
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Subroutine

Okay I have a 1TB drive that is almost completely full with vids. I am in the process of converting them to mp4. I have two scripts right now. One is a shell script to convert them with Handbrake. The other is a script to get a sort of progress report. To make things easier to understand, I will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalton63841
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to bash script function (or subroutine)

I've found a few posts regarding passing parameters to a function or subroutine, but for some reason when I try to run a command based on part with these parameters it's not working. If I have the function echo the parameters they show correctly so I believe they are being passed right but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: withanh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert FORTRAN subroutine to awk function?

Hi All I am trying to convert some Fortran subroutine to awk function , those who know kindly explain how to define function in awk, and how to call function Fortran subroutine looks somewhat like this SUBROUTINE GDATE (JD, YEAR,MONTH,DAY) C C---COMPUTES THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR DATE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)