Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Progress Database on AIX
Operating Systems AIX Progress Database on AIX Post 302978782 by AIXBlueCat on Wednesday 3rd of August 2016 11:03:33 PM
Old 08-04-2016
Progress Database on AIX

anyone used it before ?
if i restore from an mksysb backup, can I use the utility on Progress DB to restore the DB.
or can i do an savevg (Progress DB is on another vg) and then use restvg to restore it ?
normally what is the common ways to backup an DB, so that it can be restore, if there is any problem eg power outage, system failure.

previously my company outsource everything to an vendor.
and the vendor will do everything for us including Disaster Recovery Testing.
now my company take back all, and we have a problem, there was no proper handling over and taking over of documentations/processes/procedures.

now we will have to do everything from scratch including coming up with an Disaster Recovery Procedure at another site of an vendor.

thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress

Maybe someone know how to create something like "*". If someone uses Gentoo he must see this while emerge utility preparing an update. I mean the symbol "/" spins. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
2 Replies

2. Programming

userpw.h AIX ( delete entry from the shadow password database )

HI i need to delete an entry in /etc/security/passwd. can't find a way to do it with userpw.h api ( AIX ). the passwd file i delete like this. Write all entrys to passwd file except the one we are removing. can't find any function that works like getspent / getpwent do in AIX userpw api.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nighter
4 Replies

3. AIX

ORACLE Database running slow on AIX ( nmon / topas )

Hello, How can I know if ORACLE Database is running slow due to Memory or due to processing power ? I have only Oracle Database running on a P4 with 4GB RAM. Could anyone suggest any tools which can help me determine exactly if it is memory issue or processor issue. (43 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
43 Replies

4. Solaris

redirect solaris database from linux database..

hi.. i have a need .. my php runs on my linux redhat box with mysql.. i want my php code to refer another mysql database which is in solaris 10 x86... can u tell me the procedure .. how it can be done through php .. sorry am new to php... is it possible to redirect from linux mysql to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON Job to copy database and replace existing database

I have a reseller account with hostgator, which means i have WHM and Cpanel. I have set up a staging environment for one of my wordpress installations (client website), which is essentially sitting at staging.domain.com (live site is at domain.com). The staging website is a complete copy of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nzrobert
1 Replies

7. AIX

Cannot get shared lock on database for rpm on AIX 6.1

Hello, I was trying to install python on aix and it was taking too long and I closed the terminal. Now when i issue the command rpm -qa instead of getting all the rpms installed I'm getting the following error. root:stud -> $ rpm -qa cannot get shared lock on database rpmQuery: rpmdbOpen()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

8. AIX

Need a graphical interface on AIX server to create database

Hello, Please suggest me the ways how to get graphical interface on AIX server.I need to create oracle database for which I need graphical access. Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

9. AIX

Need to check long running processes on the database server and the os is AIX

Hello, Please help me with a script with which I can check long running processes on the database server and the os is AIX. Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies
VGCFGRESTORE(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   VGCFGRESTORE(8)

NAME
vgcfgrestore - restore volume group descriptor area SYNOPSIS
vgcfgrestore [-d|--debug] [-f|--file filename] [-l[l]|--list] [-h|--help] [-M|--Metadatatype1|2] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName DESCRIPTION
vgcfgrestore allows you to restore the metadata of VolumeGroupName from a text backup file produced by vgcfgbackup. You can specify a backup file with --file. If no backup file is specified, the most recent one is used. Use --list for a list of the available backup and archive files of VolumeGroupName. OPTIONS
-l | --list -- List files pertaining to VolumeGroupName List metadata backup and archive files pertaining to VolumeGroupName. May be used with the -f option. Does not restore Vol- umeGroupName. -f | --file filename -- Name of LVM metadata backup file Specifies a metadata backup or archive file to be used for restoring VolumeGroupName. Often this file has been created with vgcfg- backup. See lvm for common options. REPLACING PHYSICAL VOLUMES
vgdisplay --partial --verbose will show you the UUIDs and sizes of any PVs that are no longer present. If a PV in the VG is lost and you wish to substitute another of the same size, use pvcreate --restorefile filename --uuid uuid (plus additional arguments as appropriate) to initialise it with the same UUID as the missing PV. Repeat for all other missing PVs in the VG. Then use vgcfgrestore --file filename to restore the volume group's metadata. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGCFGRESTORE(8)