Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting email output in single line with out space in email Post 302978744 by RudiC on Wednesday 3rd of August 2016 07:42:11 AM
Old 08-03-2016
The line that you posted after "output i am getting is : ", whereever you got that from. And, please explain where you got it from.

Ohhh - by the way, what be the receiving mail client? Perhaps the problem lies on its side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coverting Firstname <Space> Lastname into email id

I have a file like below : bash-2.03$ cat neweamil2 Nigueel Rafferty Thomas333 Middletonsss Shwaita33 Ambasss Zhi21 Caiss Saluweh Husain Nigueel Rafferty Saleuikh Husainse Desiyshskan Santhio Need to convert firstname <space> lastname into email id . For eg. (1st... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stripping out more than a space from a line, but keep single space.

Hi all, Is there a way to perform the above, I am trying to strip out more than one space from a line, but keep the single space. See below output example. My Name is test test2 test3 test4 test5 My Name is test test2 test3 test4 test5 Please note that the lines would contain... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check and compare disk space and email it

I am very new to Linux and learning to script. This is for one of my servers at work that I have to keep track off as far as disk space and how it is used. I have tried to go line by line but little things keep chewing me up. I would appreciate any and all help or advice, and Mutt is installed on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgtjkj
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email if system disk space is low

Hello i have a working script that sends me an email if system disk space is above 98%. I would like to add an extra command to the if condition. If disk space is above 98% it would also add an output of cd /var/log && du -sBM * |sort -n 2>&1 |grep -v -e "0M" -e "1M" command to the email. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: taf130
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Disk Space Usage Status via email

Hi Guys, Is there any way I can write a script that sends DISK SPACE USAGE STATUS via email once a week? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4v1n
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate disk space usage email alert

hi all members I have a shell script to generate disk space usage email alert if threshold is more than 80 %, now the requirement changed to keep sending alert emails for every 5% incremental usage ........ Any help would be greatly appreciated. ex - 80% , 85% ,90%,95%,100% we should get an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sql output to email body with conditional subject line

hi , i have written below piece of code to meet the requirement but i am stuck in the logic here. the requirement are: 1) to send the sql out put to email body with proper formatting. 2) if count_matching = Yes then mail should triggered with the subject line ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
10 Replies
INEWS(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     INEWS(1)

NAME
inews - send a Usenet article to the local news server for distribution SYNOPSIS
inews [ -h ] [ -D ] [ -O ] [ -R ] [ -S ] [ header_flags ] [ input ] DESCRIPTION
Inews reads a Usenet news article (perhaps with headers) from the named file or standard input if no file is given. It adds some headers and performs some consistency checks. If the article does not meet these checks (for example, too much quoting of old articles, or posting to non-existent newsgroups) then the article is rejected. If it passes the checks, inews sends the article to the local news server as specified in the inn.conf(5) file for distribution. OPTIONS
-h In the standard mode of operation, the input consists of the article headers, a blank line, and the message body. For compatibility with older software, the ``-h'' flag must be used. If there are no headers in the message, then this flag may be omitted. -O The default Organization header will be provided if none is present in the article or if the ``-o'' flag is not used. To prevent adding the default, use the ``-O'' flag. -D As a debugging aide, if the ``-D'' flag is used, the consistency checks will be performed, and the article will be sent to the stan- dard output, rather then sent to the server. -A -V -W For compatibility with C News, inews accepts, but ignores, the ``-A'', ``-V'' and ``-W'' flags. -N The C News ``-N'' flag is treated as the ``-D'' flag. -S If a file named .signature exists in the user's home directory, inews will try to append it to the end of the article. If the file cannot be read, or if it is too long (for example, more than four lines or one standard I/O buffer), or if some other problem occurs, then the article will not be posted. To suppress this action use the ``-S'' flag. -R If the ``-R'' flag is used then inews will reject any attempts to post control messages. header_flags Several headers may be specified on the command line, shown in the synopsis above as header_flags. Each of these flags takes a sin- gle parameter; if the value is more than one word (for example, almost all Subject lines) then quotes must be used to prevent the shell from splitting it into multiple words. The options, and their equivalent header, are as follows: a Approved c Control d Distribution e Expires f From w Followup-To n Newsgroups r Reply-To t Subject F References o Organization x Path prefix If the ``-x'' flag is used, then its value will be the start of the header. Any other host will see the site in the header, and therefore not offer the article to that site. The Path will always end not-for-mail. NOTES
If an unapproved posting is made to a moderated newsgroup, inews will try to mail the article to the moderator for posting. It will query the remote news server for a moderators listing. If that doesn't succeed, it will fallback to using the local moderators(5) file to deter- mine the mailing address. If no address is found, it will use the inn.conf file to determine a ``last-chance'' host to try. If the NNTP server needs to authenticate the client, inews will use the NNTPsendpassword(3) routine to authenticate itself. In order to do this, the program will need read access to the passwd.nntp(5) file. This is typically done by having the file group-readable and making inews run setgid to that group. Inews exits with a zero status if the article was succesfully posted or mailed, or with a non-zero status if the article could not be delivered. Since inews will spool its input if the server is unavailable, it is usually necessary to run rnews(1) with the ``-U'' flag on a regular basis, usually out of cron(8). HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.27, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
moderators(5), inn.conf(5). rnews(1). INEWS(1)