Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Move NIS Server Solaris 10 to CentOS7 Post 302978548 by Penguin99 on Monday 1st of August 2016 03:57:02 AM
Old 08-01-2016
Move NIS Server Solaris 10 to CentOS7

Hi,
I hope somebody can help me. I wand to Move my NIS server on Solaris 10
(there are 2 Slaves on Linux) to CentOS7.
Do you have any procedures or experience to do this?
Thanking in anticipation!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris NIS+ and RedHat NIS+

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I would like to know if Redhat running NIS ( not NIS +) would have conflict with Solaris running NIS+. Currently I am running NIS+ on Solaris but will be adding RedHat to the network. I seem to be unable to find and information regarding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUSE 9 and 10 NIS clients with RedHat 8.0 NIS server not working

We have a RedHat 8.0 NIS master, with a RedHat 8.0 NIS Slave. We also have a small number of SUSE 9.1 and SUSE 10 machines here for evaluation. However, no matter what i do, the SUSE machines will not talk to the NIS Servers. If i broadcast for NIS Servers for the specified NIS domain, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS server IP change

I am changing the IP on my NIS server. Are there any files that need to be changed on my other servers that are using NIS? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calamine
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to configure a NIS client bound to the NIS server in another subnet?

Hi, all. I have a Solaris client here needs to bind to NIS server in another subnet. Following is the configuration i made on the client, 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts to add an entry of the NIS server -- nserver01 2) execute `domainname` to set local NIS domain to the domain of the NIS server.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sn_wukong
1 Replies

6. AIX

NIS server

Hi all, Kindly can help to config the NIS master server in AIX 5.3 ? Many Thanks. My procedure: smit yp -> Change NIS Domain Name of this Host smit yp -> Configure / Modify NIS -> Change / Show Characteristics of Master Server Configuration The "Current domain anme of this host" &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tyu
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to do the Loadbalancing on NIS Server in Solaris 10 sparc

We set-up master/slave servers for NIS on Solaris10 Sparc. We are trying to synchronize them in such a way that if one server is down then other server would pick-up and also do load balancing. We are stuck on this part. Do you have any documentation or point to the documentation where we get some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandp14
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

NIS server

After configuring the NIS server in my machine (RHEL 5.4) i create two NIS users user1 and user2 and one local user when i login to user1 and user2 from client machine i am not able to login for login to user1 and user2 first i have to login to local user and then i am able to login to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
4 Replies

9. Solaris

User authentication failed while log in Solaris 8 client on Linux NIS server.

Based on the NIS migration tests I did and another question I posted earlier on. https://www.unix.com/solaris/272021-solaris-8-md5-encryption-support.html I tried to downgrade NIS linux encryption to DES to support solaris connection. So I modified /etc/pam.d/system-auth as below, password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
0 Replies
nisshowcache(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  nisshowcache(1M)

NAME
nisshowcache - NIS+ utility to print out the contents of the shared cache file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisshowcache [-v] DESCRIPTION
nisshowcache prints out the contents of the per-machine NIS+ directory cache that is shared by all processes accessing NIS+ on the machine. By default, nisshowcache only prints out the directory names in the cache along with the list of active servers. The shared cache is main- tained by nis_cachemgr(1M). OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode. Print out the contents of each directory object, including the information on the server name and its universal addresses. FILES
/var/nis/NIS_SHARED_DIRCACHE ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis_cachemgr(1M), syslogd(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Error messages are sent to the syslogd(1M) daemon. NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the Solaris Operating system. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the current Solaris release. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.11 13 Dec 2001 nisshowcache(1M)