Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script multi listener
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script multi listener Post 302978429 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 30th of July 2016 07:53:32 AM
Old 07-30-2016
I cannot give you a direct solution. By that I mean sample code.
Why? Because there are too many ways and too many possible locations to set up.

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/tnsping tells you if a given listener is up - the listener being the one for that given ORACLE_HOME [9i or 10g]. You must execute this on a box that is not the same as the db server zone or server. Example: your desktop PC with Oracle client installed, or an application Solaris zone that has Oracle client installed.

Set your environment to either 10g or 9i by directing ORACLE_HOME to the correct value, then

execute in a script or from the command line:

Code:
DB=[name of any one of your 9i dbs]
# or
DB=[name of any one of  10g dbs]
[set environment to the right ORACLE_HOME]
# test the resulting return code 0 == OK 
tnsping $DB
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
   echo " Oracle listener connection failed. DB or listener is down"
fi

Note that db's of a given version, like Oracle 9i, share one listener.

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 07-30-2016 at 09:03 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multi loop script

I need to run a process a large number of times. In /home/runx, I have process X, which accesses a file X.ini. X.ini contains 3 variables, as follows : X_date=ccccmm X_location=aaa X_type= t where date will be 200501 thru 200611 location will be aaa, bbb, ccc, or ddd type ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinder182533
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line variable script... needs help.

I am trying to write a script that will help me put a file into excel with little manipulation. Below is a sample of the file im using. Group1:*:gid1:user,user Group2:*:gid2:user,user Group3:*:gid3:user,user,user,user,user,user,user Group4:*:gid4:user,user I marked in red the part that is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookieuxixsa
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know the location of the listener?

Hi, I have an unknown listener of of one of my port. How would I know the location of that specific listener? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fif14344
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listener port

Hi All, I'm installation a server we have client -server architecture I need to configure a port for client to communicate with the server and server to communicate with the clients Pls let me know how to configure in linux (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi level sorting script

I want to sort like below Suppose few lines in a file is like this systemid:ABC messagedestination:batchxpr replytoqname: myca systemid:BCD messagedestination:realtime replytoqname: myca systemid:ABC messagedestination:realtime replytoqname: eac systemid: BCD messagedestination:mqonline... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srkmish
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Help - Multi Comands

Hi guys I am trying to get a bunch of lines into a .sh script that will let me easily run a bunch of commands on its own without me having to be there... I have done this with other things but apparetnly it doesn't like to use yum.. I will post my script you will see what im trying to do.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bigstack
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To make my script multi-os compatible

Hi, I would like to make my script multi-os compatible and I am having problems to make it work. I would like it to be compatible with those 4 linux versions : Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and Centos. I am mostly confused when it comes to the repository installation and the different os... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaaara
1 Replies

9. Programming

Multi head/multi window hello world

I am trying to write a large X app. I have successfully modified my xorg.conf to setup 4 monitors on an NVIDIA Quatro5200. I am trying to modify a simple hello world application to open a window on three of the four monitors. depending on the changes to loop the window creation section and event... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: advorak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Listener.ora

Anymore have any code to easily parse the listener.ora to update the ORACLE_HOME for a specific sid? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nugent
1 Replies
asadmin-create-iiop-listener(1AS)				   User Commands				 asadmin-create-iiop-listener(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-create-iiop-listener, create-iiop-listener - adds the IIOP listener SYNOPSIS
create-iiop-listener --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] --listeneraddress address [--iiopport iiop_port] [--enabled=true] [--property (name=value)[:name=value]*] listener_ID Adds the IIOP listener. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --listeneraddress can be the IP address or the hostname --iiopport IIOP port number. --enabled determines whether the IIOP listener is enabled at runtime. --property optional attribute name/value pairs for configuring the resource. OPERANDS
listener_id unique identifier for the IIOP listener to be created. Example 1: Using create-iiop-listener asadmin> create-iiop-listener --user admin --password adminadmin --host fuyako --port 7070 --listeneraddress 192.168.1.100 --iiopport 8080 sample_iiop_listener Created IIOP listener with id = sample_iiop_listener Where: sample_iiop_listener is the IIOP listener created. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-iiop-listener(1AS), asadmin-list-iiop-listeners(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-create-iiop-listener(1AS)