Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with compare 2 column content and corrected/replaced word Post 302978321 by RudiC on Friday 29th of July 2016 03:39:16 AM
Old 07-29-2016
Try an adaption of RavinderSingh13's fine proposal:

Code:
awk '
        {$3 = $1
         while (match ($3, /N*N/)) $3 =  substr($3, 1, RSTART-1) substr($2, RSTART, RLENGTH) substr($3, RSTART+RLENGTH)
        }
' file

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace aword in a.The replaced word should not be overwitten in perl(details inside)

Hi i am trying to write a perl program where i have to open a 1)directory "unit" 2) rename the files in the dir say file1.txt;file2.txt...file5.txt to file1_a.txt;file2_a.txt,....file5_a.txt ;file1_x.txt ;file2_x.txt 3) open these renamed files and replace the words lets say file1_a.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhul2002
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare a content of variable to a database column

Hi have an array like this colarray="a" colarray="b" colarray="c" colarray="d" colarray="e" colarray="f" the arrayvariable is in unix sh file i want to check the content of the array to oracle database table. that is whether "a" is present in the table. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query for replacing a string and keeping the non-replaced content

Hi experts, As i am a novice unix player...so need help for the below query...banged my head from quite a while...:confused: i have a set of html files, in which i need to search for string "Page"(case sensitive) and then replace the same with some numeric code ,say, "XXX1234". Here in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulfhp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file content 4 column to one Column using script

Hi Gurus, I have file content sample: ,5113955056,,TAgent-Suspend ,5119418233,,TAgent-Suspend ,5102119078,,TAgent-Suspend filenames 120229H5_suspend, 120229H6_unsuspend I receive those files one of directory /home/temp/ I need following: 1. Backup first /home/temp/ file to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files word by word

I need to compare two files word by word using unix shell scripting. Could someone help me? I need the code which will compare the 1st word from file1 with 1st word from file2, 2nd word from file1 with 2nd word from file2 etc..., for all the lines. Example: File1: aaa bbb ccc ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsmohankumar
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search word in 3rd column and move it to next column (4th)

Hi, I have a file with +/- 13000 lines and 4 column. I need to search the 3rd column for a word that begins with "SAP-" and move/skip it to the next column (4th). Because the 3rd column need to stay empty. Thanks in advance.:) 89653 36891 OTR-60 SAP-2 89653 36892 OTR-10 SAP-2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare data - Match first column and compare second

Hi guys, looking for some help with a way to compare data in two files but with some conditions. example, File 1 consists of site1,10.1.1.1 site2,20.2.2.2 site3,30.3.3.3 File 2 contains site1,l0.1.1.1 site2,50.1.1.1 site3,30.3.3.3 site4,40.1.1.1 I want to be able to match the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk or Shell script to compare Column-1 of two different CSV files and print if column-1 matche

Example: I have files in below format file 1: zxc,133,joe@example.com cst,222,xyz@example1.com File 2 Contains: hxd hcd jws zxc cst File 1 has 50000 lines and file 2 has around 30000 lines : Expected Output has to be : hxd hcd jws (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestPractice
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to compare 3rd column value with first column and display

Hello Team, My source data (INput) is like below EPIC1 router EPIC2 Targetdefinition Exp1 Expres rtr1 Router SQL SrcQual Exp1 Expres rtr1 Router EPIC1 Targetdefinition My output like SQL SrcQual Exp1 Expres Exp1 Expres rtr1 Router rtr1 Router EPIC1 Targetdefinition... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekhar.lsb
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)