Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Required to get out put of log in tabular format in email body Post 302978129 by RudiC on Tuesday 26th of July 2016 01:10:49 PM
Old 07-26-2016
Awaiting your answer to Corona688's questions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put subject and body to mail from two files

Hi all, My sample file is something like this, ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00202: Message 202 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-27063: Message 27063 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri1977
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data into tabular form

Hi I am having a file which is required to be presented in the under-noted output form. Please suggest. Input: Kapil: apple 4 banana 6 cherry 0 Manoj: apple 13 banana cheery 2 Output: apple banana cherry Kapil: 4 6 0 Manoj: 13 2 Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data in tabular form..

Dear Friends, I have a file as under : +++ ME 12-06-13 18:16:20 A RED FEW AND ROW1 1MN FEL AS HI FI BV LR TS HR ES MR * 0 13296 0 120 1 15 KS RR 10 0 +++ ME 12-06-13 18:26:20 A RED FEW AND ROW2 1MN FEL AS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outlook Email Body Format Issue

Hello All, I been trying to get a solution for a while not able to figure out. I am generating a file and sending that as an body of message to my outlook account. For some reason reason everything is showing up as one line in the email. for i in `cat "${GEN_PARAM_LIST3}"` do ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Body content is in random format while sending email from Linux to my outlook.

Hi I have a script running in lunix machine which emails log file content to my outlook. Here is the actual log file result: Image-1 In-Master:25028 ReplicaDn Consumer Supplier Delay dc=xxx,dc=com lmjker0110:12345 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching the required data out of a tabular form

Hello Gurus, I am trying to fetch a required number of lines from an output of a command which is in tabular form. Below is the command for reference along with how the result is being shown on UNIX shell. /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -b -p 5 The result of the above command is as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ali Sarwar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a blank line in between two O/Ps in tabular format which gets received over email

Hi Guys, I am stuck in between and seeking help here. Requirement: A script that will run every morning which will connect to Mysql database and run the query to inform us about the holidays (it will also check if there were any holidays during last 2 business days). So the three queries are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To have a mail in tabular format

Hello Guys, developing a monitoring shell script to have my queue depth count over mail . here is the sample input file to the script which has all the queue names 1 : DISPLAY QUEUE(*) WHERE (CURDEPTH GT 0) ZFC8409: Display Queue details. QUEUE(QL.GVR.ATA.CACHE.01) ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wims
10 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							   Games Manual 							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz - test your knowledge SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/quiz [ -i file ] [ -t ] [ category1 category2 ] DESCRIPTION
Quiz gives associative knowledge tests on various subjects. It asks items chosen from category1 and expects answers from category2. If no categories are specified, quiz gives instructions and lists the available categories. Quiz tells a correct answer whenever you type a bare newline. At the end of input, upon interrupt, or when questions run out, quiz reports a score and terminates. The -t flag specifies `tutorial' mode, where missed questions are repeated later, and material is gradually introduced as you learn. The -i flag causes the named file to be substituted for the default index file. The lines of these files have the syntax: line = category newline | category `:' line category = alternate | category `|' alternate alternate = empty | alternate primary primary = character | `[' category `]' | option option = `{' category `}' The first category on each line of an index file names an information file. The remaining categories specify the order and contents of the data in each line of the information file. Information files have the same syntax. Backslash `' is used as with sh(1) to quote syntacti- cally significant characters or to insert transparent newlines into a line. When either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/games/quiz.k/* BUGS
The construct `a|ab' doesn't work in an information file. Use `a{b}'. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 QUIZ(6)