Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators For the Admins, rouge advert(s)... Post 302977949 by Neo on Sunday 24th of July 2016 11:00:09 AM
Old 07-24-2016
Yeah, I visit the site all the time without logging in. The ads are set up to load synchronously (independently) from the site content. therefore ads should not effect site load time, and that is my experience.

However, third-party ads might contain flash or video or something that your browser is filtering, and this can cause your machine (browser) to behave strangely.

Like I mentioned, I look at the site every day with and without ads and never see a problem; but I don't run any "filters" or "ad blockers" etc. and I mostly only use Chrome now as FF with all those extensions and plugins just slow down everything.

However, if there is any ad which anyone finds is a problem (or offensive), please take a screenshot (or try to find out the ad source and advertiser and we will try to block it).

Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Admins >

Just wanted to say great website and thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rouge processes

Often when i do a ps -ef |grep user there are sh processes however the users are not actually logged in. Does any one know what i could do to automatically kill off these processes. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namtab
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Any sys admins from uk?

Hello Guys, im new to this forum. Im from UK and ive recently completed my SCSA I & II and also got trained in Veritas Suite (Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Clusters, Veritas NetBackup), SAN Configuration. I was trying to get a break as a junior sun solaris admin. I am applying for the jobs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megadeth
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rouge process wiping files from a directory

I'm hoping you guys (the experts) can help me. We have a sweep directory (/opt/application/sweep) critical to our application process. The application will lay down a file in that directory, then about 15 seconds later a post process will come along and pick that file up and continue processing.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

PEPSI MAX'S 2010 ADVERT.

What do you think about this Ad? O-XZk0yxCzc YouTube - PEPSI MAX'S 2010 FOOTBALL ADVERT FT AKON'S 'OH AFRICA' (FEATURE LENGTH) I can't stop watching it, it is entertaining... What is your best Advert. in 2010??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Thank you members and admins

Got a raise and a formal position of 'unix system engineer' in 2016. I would like to thank you members and admins. This would not be possible without you. I will mention some.. Thank you Don, for making me learn and understand the importance of standards, which i try to apply as much as i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peasant
3 Replies
SPD-CONF(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SPD-CONF(1)

NAME
spd-conf - A simple tool for basic configuration of Speech Dispatcher and problem diagnostics SYNOPSIS
spd-conf [options] DESCRIPTION
spd-conf is a simple tool for basic configuration of Speech Dispatcher and problem diagnostics OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -e, --espeak Use espeak to synthesize messages --test-festival Test whether Festival works as a server -s, --test-spd-say Test connection to Speech Dispatcher using spd-say --test-pulse Test Pulse Audio -c, --config-basic-settings-user Configure basic settings in user configuration -u, --create-user-conf Create Speech Dispatcher configuration for the given user -C, --config-basic-settings-system Configure basic settings in system-wide configuration -n, --dont-ask Do not ask any questions, always use default values --test-alsa Test ALSA audio --test-espeak Test whether Espeak works as a standalone binary -d, --diagnostics Diagnose problems with the current setup -D, --debug Debug a problem and generate a report AUTHOR
spd-conf was written by Hynek Hanke <hanke@brailcom.org>. The webpage for this package can be found at http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd. This manual page was written by Luke Yelavich <themuso@ubuntu.com>, for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). August 24, 2009 SPD-CONF(1)