Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming COBOL: Substitution in string Post 302977857 by wbport on Friday 22nd of July 2016 01:08:20 PM
Old 07-22-2016
It looks like I'll first run an in-line perform comparing my literal to every place it could be using reference modification. Once I know where it is I can calculate the length of the various parts and STRING them together, throwing in a literal "H".
Thanks for looking at it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed String Substitution

Hi! I've the following script code with an input parameter: sed 's/oldstring/$1/g' myfile > newfile (I launch it with comman line: $ MyShell newstring) Problem: the substituion doesn't work (oldstring becomes $1, instead of newstring). How could I solve this situation? Thanks, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pciatto
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Substitution Question

When I run the script I pass in 2 expressions (ex. replace.ksh new old) I want the script to go line by line for a given file in a given directory and replace the word new with old. Of course in my line where I have the awk statement it is replacing the 2nd word with 1st instead of new with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodrics
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - substitution for whole string

Hello I have several files where a string similar to this appears: /home/workload/bin/ProcDly/scrpts/T54.sh > $LOG I need to change it to something like this: $VARIABLE > $LOG However, due to the configuration of the rest of the files, I should only find this string by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlos
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

String Substitution

Hey ppl, Could u tell me how to replace such a string xyz->x with XYZ(x), where x can be any variable accessible by pointer to structure, xyz in an entire file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

string substitution

Hey ppl, Could u tell me how to replace such a string xyz->x with XYZ(x), where x can be any variable accessible by pointer to structure, xyz in an entire file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
3 Replies

6. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String substitution

Hi, I have a properties file (myprop.properties) which contains some values: @oneValue@==tcp://localhost:1234 @twoValue@==tcp://localhost:4563 @threeValue@==tcp://localhost7895 I have a xml file (myXmlFile.xml)which contains some tokens: <application name="aTest"> <NameValuePair> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrl-alt-del
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitution of string in brackets

Hi friends! I have a tab delimited file with two columns : GB_45_DRB SP:0139466(mrmi sisignm)|SP:3674(fllflg_itoioh)|SP:68954779(RMTKLGF to emmdm-roomto) GB_45_DRD SP:475928(mgmdksi rikgkg)|SP:587959(roykgl tiic-tm)|SP:0139466(mrmi sisignm)|SP:3674(fllflg_itoioh)|SP:68954779(RMTKLGF to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacks
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

string substitution in perl

Hi, I have a template file and want to replace 3 parameters to the values that I want. these values are in a parameter file. Any idea how to do this in perl? the parameter file looks like: host_name = jupiter PORT = 1562 IPADDRESS = 10.1.34.10 the template file has lots of entry.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program... 01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345" 01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8). CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanmp
1 Replies
MrmFetchColorLiteral(3X)												  MrmFetchColorLiteral(3X)

NAME
MrmFetchColorLiteral - Fetches a named color literal from a UID file SYNOPSIS
#include <Mrm/MrmPublic.h> int MrmFetchColorLiteral(hierarchy_id, index, display, colormap_id, pixel) MrmHierarchy hierarchy_id; String index; Display *display; Colormap colormap_id; Pixel *pixel; DESCRIPTION
The MrmFetchColorLiteral function fetches a named color literal from a UID file, and converts the color literal to a pixel color value. Specifies the ID of the UID hierarchy that contains the specified literal. The hierarchy_id was returned in a previous call to MrmOpenHier- archyPerDisplay. Specifies the UIL name of the color literal to fetch. You must define this name in UIL as an exported value. Specifies the display used for the pixmap. The display argument specifies the connection to the X server. For more information on the Display struc- ture, see the Xlib function XOpenDisplay. Specifies the ID of the color map. If NULL, the default color map is used. Returns the ID of the color literal. RETURN VALUE
This function returns one of these status return constants: The function executed successfully. The hierarchy ID was invalid. The color literal was not found in the UIL file. The caller tried to fetch a literal of a type not supported by this function. The function failed. SEE ALSO
MrmFetchBitmapLiteral(3X), MrmOpenHierarchyPerDisplay(3X), MrmFetchIconLiteral(3X), MrmFetchLiteral(3X), XOpenDisplay(3X11) MrmFetchColorLiteral(3X)