Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Perl] Module for recursive listing of remote Windows shares Post 302977006 by Fundix on Monday 11th of July 2016 02:48:49 AM
Old 07-11-2016
Great news today !
Sysadmins are ok now to authorize Windows shares Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Mounting shares from a Windows PC

Hi... I can ping my Windows PC using both the IP address and NetBios name and I can ping my Linux box the same, IP address and NetBios name. I can even use smbclient to see the shares on my Windows PC. But I can't map the shares so that Linux sees it as a drive. How do I do that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeCBerm
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

3. AIX

listing files on remote server

I am writing a script where in i have to log into a remote machine and check for necessary file by typing (ls -ltr *200505) (this gets all 05month of 2008 yr files) and if files are found get them to the local machine. If not found print a message saying no files on local machine. When i was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive directory listing with ownership

i'm playing around with "ls" and "find" and am trying to get a print out of directories, with full path, (recursive) and their ownership.... without files or package contents (Mac .pkg or .mpkg files). I'd like it simply displayed without much/any extraneous info. everything i've tried, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alternapop
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Errors when connecting to SMB shares from Windows

Hi all I have a server running Oracle Linux. When i try \\linux-server\share I get prompted for username & password or I get a permission denied error. I see these errors in the messages file on the Linux server: smbd: auth/auth_util.c:create_builtin_administrators(792) Feb 15 10:39:13... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista.: Perl Scripting on Windows

Hi All, Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista. I am trying to install Active Perl on Windows Vista. The version of Active Perl i am trying to install is : ActivePerl 5.10.1 Build 1006 After installing it through cmd, When i try to run perl -v to check the version, i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive Replication of Unix folders to Windows

Requirements: ftp files recursively from unix to windows. Replicate directory paths on unix (source) to windows (destination) and place files in their respective folders. There are no set number of files per directory nor fix number of dirA or dirB etc.... Source OS: Solaris... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to Install "Devel-Profile" perl module in windows.

Hi, I want to install 'Devel-Profile' in windows but i am not able to install. Here is the error. PPM> install Devel-Profile Install package 'Devel-Profile?' (y/N): y Installing package 'Devel-Profile'... Error installing package 'Devel-Profile': Could not locate a PPD file for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to explore recursively remote windows path from AIX

Hi all, I am using Perl 5.8.8 on an Aix 6.1.0.0 to script a program which will retrieve files recursively on a remote Windows 2003 server and copy some of them on my Aix server. MobaSSH is installed on that windows server. When I used scp on the command line, it works fine, but not in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
2 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
NNACCT(1m)																NNACCT(1m)

NAME
nnacct - news accounting and access authorization (nn) SYNOPSIS
nnacct -r [ -f file ] [ -a ] [ user ]... nnacct [ -ppolicy ] [ -qquota ] user... nnacct -ZERO DESCRIPTION
The nnacct command provides an optional accounting and access authorization for news reading via the nn news reader. The first form (-r) is used to print accounting reports. If a file is specified data from a saved accounting file; otherwise the data is read from the current accounting file. If -a is specified, the report will contain accounting data for all users. Otherwise, if one or more users are specified, the data for these users will be printed. If neiter is specified, only the accounting data for the current user is printed. Only the super-user can generate reports for other users than the caller. The second form (-p and/or -q) assigns the specified access policy and/or quota to the specified users. If a given user is not already known in the accounting file, a new entry with the specified policy and quota is created (default values are used if both are not speci- fied). The third form (-ZERO) will clear the usage counts for all users. Individual usage counts cannot be cleared. The original accounting file is saved with a .old suffix. The following policies are currently implemented: 0 No access. The user is not allowed to read news at all. 1 Privileged user. The user can read news at all times and no accounting information is saved. This is obviously the policy for sys- tem administrators :-) 2 Full time access. The user can access news at all times. 3 Off-hours access. The user can only access news at off hours, i.e. in the morning, in the evening, on week-ends, and on holidays (not complete - check the source :-) The quota specifies a number of hours which the user is allowed to read news. When this quota is used up, access will be blocked. A quota of zero gives unlimited access. New users will get the default policy and quota defined in account.c. If this allows new users to read news at only specific times, this form can be used to permit individual users to read news at all times, or it can be used to prevent them from reading news at all. If the default policy does not allow new users to read news, this form must be used to authorize them to read news. HOW IT WORKS
If authorization is enabled, the nn news reader will call nnacct on start-up to check whether the policy and quota defined for the current user allows him to read news at this time (or at all). If accounting is enabled, the nn news reader will call nnacct on exit to register the time spent on news reading. If account logging is also defined (see account.c), an line is also added to the accounting log file. When accounting is defined, the user can use the :cost command to get the current accounting data, and if the variable report-cost is set, nn will print accounting information on exit. CONTIGURATION AND NEW POLICIES
The use of nnacct is enabled via the ACCOUNTING and AUTHORIZE symbols in nn's configuration file. Further configuration of cost calcula- tions, logging, default policy, default quotas, etc. is done directly in the source file account.c. New access policies can also be defined in this file. This allows you to change the policies or prices without having to recompile the whole package since only nnacct is modified. PRIVILEGED USERS
Normally, only root is allowed to change user policy or quota, list all user's accounting data etc. This privilege can be shared with other users by listing their login name in the file $CLIENT/admins. There should be exactly one login name per line, and no blanks are allowed. FILES
$db/acct accounting data (accumulated per user) $db/acctlog accounting log (grows indefinitely) $lib/admins login names of privileged nnacct users. SEE ALSO
nn(1), nnusage(1) BUGS
There should be some tools to mess around with the accounting files, e.g. to make summaries, clear usage counters, etc. AUTHOR
Kim F. Storm, Texas Instruments A/S, Denmark E-mail: storm@texas.dk 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 6.6 NNACCT(1m)