Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to change values in xml file? Post 302976911 by s1s2s3s4 on Friday 8th of July 2016 02:45:24 AM
Old 07-08-2016
How to change values in xml file?

Hi Don,,

I Have a script file like abc.sh when i run this script i want to update monitor.xml file like below..

The original file

Code:
<task-arguments>
            <argument name="hostname" is-required="true" default-value="10.211.55.4"/>
            <argument name="protocol" is-required="false" default-value="ssl"/>
            <argument name="port" is-required="true" default-value="7222"/>
            <argument name="username" is-required="true" default-value="admin"/>
            <argument name="password" is-required="true" default-value=""/>
            <argument name="tier" is-required="false" default-value="TIBCO_EMS"/>
            <argument name="emsservername" is-required="false" default-value="Tibco EMS Destinations"/>
            <argument name="showTempQueues" is-required="false" default-value="false"/>
            <argument name="showSysQueues" is-required="false" default-value="false"/>
            <argument name="queuesToExclude" is-required="false" default-value="sample1 sample2"/>
            <argument name="sslIdentityFile" is-required="false" default-value="test/conf/client_identity.p12"/>
            <argument name="sslIdentityPassword" is-required="false" default-value="password"/>
            <argument name="sslTrustedCerts" is-required="false" default-value="test/conf/server_cert.pem"/>
</task-arguments>

The file should update like below.

Code:
<task-arguments>
            <argument name="hostname" is-required="true" default-value="My hostname"/>
            <argument name="protocol" is-required="true" default-value="ssl"/>
            <argument name="port" is-required="true" default-value="7233"/>
            <argument name="username" is-required="true" default-value="admin"/>
            <argument name="password" is-required="true" default-value="admin"/>
            <argument name="tier" is-required="true" default-value="TIBCO_EMS"/>
            <argument name="emsservername" is-required="true" default-value="Tibco EMS Destinations"/>
            <argument name="showTempQueues" is-required="false" default-value="false"/>
            <argument name="showSysQueues" is-required="false" default-value="false"/>
            <argument name="queuesToExclude" is-required="true" default-value="sample1 sample2"/>
            <argument name="sslIdentityFile" is-required="false" default-value="test/conf/client_identity.p12"/>
            <argument name="sslIdentityPassword" is-required="false" default-value="password"/>
            <argument name="sslTrustedCerts" is-required="false" default-value="test/conf/server_cert.pem"/>
</task-arguments>

That means need find each argument name and should update the values accordingly... all values hard coded at script level..

Last edited by Don Cragun; 07-08-2016 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: Delete B tags; add CODE and ICODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting values from an XML file

Hello People, I have an xml file from which I need to extract the values of the parameters using UNIX shell commands. Ex : Input is like : <Name>Roger</Name> or <Address>MI</Address> I need the output as just : Roger or MI with the tags removed. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant172
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script

Hi, I am new to UNIX and shell scripting. I have to create a shell script(ksh) which parses log4j.xml file for a given webservice name and change the corresponding value from INFO to DEBUG or vice-versa. My log4j.xml looks like:- <!-- Appender WEBSERVICENAME--> <appender... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjeevcseng
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change XML values with shell scripting for Network Simulation

Hello, I don't have experience in this scripting and I need some help to read a value from an XML file and change it with a random number to use in simulator for different network scenarios. </Description><sim_comm_rounds>35</sim_comm_rounds><num_clusters>1</num_clusters><Clocking> I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change values in XML using Python? noob help pls!

Hello I am a noob in XML and Python. I am trying to do this for my MSc project about a network simulation and need some help.... I want to change the values shown below: <num_crash_failures>1</num_crash_failures> −<crash_failure_entry> <freeze_at_slot>0</freeze_at_slot>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing delta values of one xml file in other xml file

Hi All, I have two xml files. One is having below input <NameValuePair> <name>Daemon</name> <value>tcp:7474</value> </NameValuePair> <NameValuePair> <name>Network</name> <value></value> </NameValuePair> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep some values from XML file

Dear community, I have a big XML log file containing several rows splitted by tag: <ActivityLogRecord> and </ActivityLogRecord>. An example below. What I need is read the file and extract some value from each tags and put them into one line (each line for every <ActivityLogRecord> tag). So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies