Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to change values in xml file? Post 302976903 by Don Cragun on Thursday 7th of July 2016 07:45:33 PM
Old 07-07-2016
My crystal ball is cloudy today and I am having trouble reading over your shoulder...

What is the name of your configuration file?

What is the format of your configuration file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting values from an XML file

Hello People, I have an xml file from which I need to extract the values of the parameters using UNIX shell commands. Ex : Input is like : <Name>Roger</Name> or <Address>MI</Address> I need the output as just : Roger or MI with the tags removed. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant172
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script

Hi, I am new to UNIX and shell scripting. I have to create a shell script(ksh) which parses log4j.xml file for a given webservice name and change the corresponding value from INFO to DEBUG or vice-versa. My log4j.xml looks like:- <!-- Appender WEBSERVICENAME--> <appender... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjeevcseng
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change XML values with shell scripting for Network Simulation

Hello, I don't have experience in this scripting and I need some help to read a value from an XML file and change it with a random number to use in simulator for different network scenarios. </Description><sim_comm_rounds>35</sim_comm_rounds><num_clusters>1</num_clusters><Clocking> I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change values in XML using Python? noob help pls!

Hello I am a noob in XML and Python. I am trying to do this for my MSc project about a network simulation and need some help.... I want to change the values shown below: <num_crash_failures>1</num_crash_failures> −<crash_failure_entry> <freeze_at_slot>0</freeze_at_slot>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing delta values of one xml file in other xml file

Hi All, I have two xml files. One is having below input <NameValuePair> <name>Daemon</name> <value>tcp:7474</value> </NameValuePair> <NameValuePair> <name>Network</name> <value></value> </NameValuePair> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep some values from XML file

Dear community, I have a big XML log file containing several rows splitted by tag: <ActivityLogRecord> and </ActivityLogRecord>. An example below. What I need is read the file and extract some value from each tags and put them into one line (each line for every <ActivityLogRecord> tag). So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies
mhc(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mhc(1)

NAME
today - Show your today's schedules. SYNOPSIS
today [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the today commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. today is a program that show your schedules in MHC repository. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. --format=FORMAT change output format. FORMAT is 'html' or 'ps. --category=CATEGORY Pick only in CATEGORY. '!' and space separated multiple values are allowed. --date=strig[+n] Set a period of date. String is one of these: today, tomorrow, sun ... sat, yyyymmdd, yyyymm. yyyymm lists all days in the month. list n+1 days of schedules if +n is given. default value is 'today+0' --mail=ADDRESS Send a e-mail to ADDRESS instead of listing to stdout SEE ALSO
adb2mhc(1), gemcal(1), mhc-scan(1), mhc2palm(1), palm2mhc(1), mhc(5). AUTHOR
This program was written by Yoshinari Nomura <nom@quickhack.net> and this manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 23 Jun 2000 mhc(1)