Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to clone an AIX 5.3?
Operating Systems AIX How to clone an AIX 5.3? Post 302976728 by gull05 on Tuesday 5th of July 2016 02:57:31 AM
Old 07-05-2016
Thanks Bakunin,

Spoke to my Manager , looks like we cannot update aix for next 6 months atleast.

I had a look at mksysb, looks like it can clone only rootvg and can you suggest what can we do to clone the logical volume?

Also , can you suggest how to create a new LPAR for holding the destination system ?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clone harddisk

Hi, i have to make an excect physical copie of a sun unix station harddisk. I have to make all partitions the same on about 60 harddisks, and also they should contain the same data/info. I have hade a look at commands 'DD' and 'UFSDUMP' but both of them are not sufficient enough. Can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirk2
5 Replies

2. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 Clone - Help

I've got two drives in the same Sun server and I've been cloning the boot drive to the secondary drive by using both ufsdump/ufsrestore and the dd command sucessfully. When I try and boot the cloned drive I get the following error: WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnj1965
10 Replies

4. AIX

Mount a SAN LUN which contains clone copy - AIX 6.1

Hello Everyone, Can someone help me to mount a SAN hdisk which contains a clone data copy(san) of the remote server to the another machine. Both servers are running in AIX. Thanks in advance ! Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Clone on virtualBox

Hello; Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 how to change the address please? Thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

software ID clone

the following command will give me software ID from HP machine with hpux10.2: >uname -a HP-UX bmd350 B.10.20 D 9000/831 2011043966 64-user license The string 2011043966 is the actual software ID which is used as number to license software. Now my machine breaks down and I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derf001
1 Replies

7. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clone redhat to another PC

Hi, I'm a new user of this forum and I'm not an expert of linux. I have a broken old pc with red hat linux, I clone hdd to another pc with different mainboard and it's ok but it has only one problem, the usb ports not work. In the boot this message appears: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitv
9 Replies

9. AIX

Need to clone two AIX machines

Hello, I have two AIX machine and i want to make the two nodes to be identical , so i will change the Hostname, IP and copy the hosts file to node 2. anything else need to copy it from node 1 to node 2 to ensure that two nodes will be the same? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moudmm
8 Replies

10. AIX

Clone 1 Hard disk fromIBM Intellipoint server with AIX 5.x

Hello to all, Im having a new task in a new world (AIX - IBM Servers) I have an IBM Server (Type - 9111-285 very old one) with one Hard disk (73 GB 10 K) with AIX 5.x, and I need to clone the existing disk to another with the same specifications. Could you please give me some advice in order... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
7 Replies
Clone(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Clone(3)

NAME
Clone - recursively copy Perl datatypes SYNOPSIS
package Foo; use parent 'Clone'; package main; my $original = Foo->new; $copy = $original->clone; # or use Clone qw(clone); $a = { 'foo' => 'bar', 'move' => 'zig' }; $b = [ 'alpha', 'beta', 'gamma', 'vlissides' ]; $c = Foo->new; $d = clone($a); $e = clone($b); $f = clone($c); DESCRIPTION
This module provides a clone() method which makes recursive copies of nested hash, array, scalar and reference types, including tied variables and objects. clone() takes a scalar argument and duplicates it. To duplicate lists, arrays or hashes, pass them in by reference. e.g. my $copy = clone (@array); # or my %copy = %{ clone (\%hash) }; SEE ALSO
Storable's dclone() is a flexible solution for cloning variables, albeit slower for average-sized data structures. Simple and naive benchmarks show that Clone is faster for data structures with 3 or less levels, while dclone() can be faster for structures 4 or more levels deep. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001-2012 Ray Finch. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Ray Finch "<rdf@cpan.org>" Breno G. de Oliveira "<garu@cpan.org>" and Florian Ragwitz "<rafl@debian.org>" perform routine maintenance releases since 2012. perl v5.16.3 2012-12-09 Clone(3)