Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to replace last field in a file,if first field matches Post 302976706 by RudiC on Monday 4th of July 2016 06:12:09 AM
Old 07-04-2016
Howsoever, "But its not working" is not an utmost good starting point for an analysis. You should describe exactly what in the current behaviour doesn't fulfill your needs or what the error message(s) be.

I guess the target string is appended to the entry, not replacing the last field's value? So you should provide that value, so the substitute has something to replace:
Code:
sed '/^deekshi/s|[^:]*$|/bin/nologin|' file
deekshi:x:7082:7082::/home/deekshi:/bin/nologin
harini1:x:7083:7083::/home/harini1:/bin/bash

On top, it is good practice to anchor the search pattern (if possible), here to the start-of-line, to be safe of false positives.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to replace a field in one file with a field from another file

I have to replace a field in one file with a field from other file. I came across this awk command to replace a field with one string nawk -F'|' -v OFS='|' '$2="replace"' temp2 > temp3 I need to have something like cut -f2 -d "|" temp1 (a field from other file) instead of 'replace' Is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: savant
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying lines of a file where the second field matches a pattern

Howdy. I know this is most likely possible using sed or awk or grep, most likely a combination of them together, but how would one go about running a grep like command on a file where you only try to match your pattern to the second field in a line, space delimited? Example: You are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezoX
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding field values if field matches

hi i have file as below , i want to add duplicate records like bell_bb to one record with valuve as 15 ( addition of both ) any oneline awk script to achive this ? header 0 CAMPAIGN_NAME 1 Bell_BB 14 Bell_MONTHLY 803 SOLO_UNBEATABLE 644 Bell_BB 1 Bell_MONTHLY 25 SOLO_UNBEATABLE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a field from a line with another field

i have something like this, cat filename.txt hui this si s"dfgdfg" omeone ipaddress="10.19.123.104" wel hope this works i want to replace only 10.19.123.104 with different ip say 10.19.123.103 i tried this sed -i "s/'ipaddress'/'ipaddress=10.19.123.103'/g" filename.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files Field by field and output the result in another file

Hi Friends, Need Help. I have file1.txt as File1.txt |123|A|7267|Hyder|Cross|Sell|7801 |995|A|7051|2008|Lunar|New|Year|Promotion|7801 |996|A|7022|Q108|Targ|Prospect|&|SSCC|Savings|Promo|7801 |997|A|7182|Q1|Feb-Apr|08|Credit|ITA|PA|SBA|Campaign|7801 File2.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the first field if the second field matches the pattern using Perl

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl command to print the first field when the second field matches the given pattern: perl -lane 'open F, "< myfile"; for $i (<F>) {chomp $i; if ($F =~ /patt$/) {my $f = (split(" ", $i)); print "$f";}} close F' dummy_file I know I can achieve the same with the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a field with a character as per the field length

Hi all, I have a requirement to replace a field with a character as per the length of the field. Suppose i have a file where second field is of 20 character length. I want to replace second field with 20 stars (*). like ******************** As the field is not a fixed one, i want to do the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

8. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file.

Hello, I have a text file in the below format: Source Destination State Lag Status CQA02W2K12pl:D:\CAQA ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pocodot
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines in file if specific field matches

I am trying to remove lines in the target.txt file if $5 before the - in that file matches sorted_list. I have tried grep and awk. Thank you :). grep grep -v -F -f targets.bed sort_list grep -vFf sort_list targets awk awk -F, ' > FILENAME == ARGV {to_remove=1; next} > ! ($5 in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
cronjob_selinux(8)					      SELinux Policy cronjob						cronjob_selinux(8)

NAME
cronjob_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the cronjob processes DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the cronjob processes via flexible mandatory access control. The cronjob processes execute with the cronjob_t SELinux type. You can check if you have these processes running by executing the ps com- mand with the -Z qualifier. For example: ps -eZ | grep cronjob_t ENTRYPOINTS
The cronjob_t SELinux type can be entered via the user_cron_spool_t, shell_exec_t file types. The default entrypoint paths for the cronjob_t domain are the following: /var/spool/at(/.*)?, /var/spool/cron, /bin/d?ash, /bin/zsh.*, /bin/ksh.*, /usr/bin/d?ash, /usr/bin/zsh.*, /usr/bin/ksh.*, /bin/esh, /bin/mksh, /bin/sash, /bin/tcsh, /bin/yash, /bin/bash, /bin/fish, /bin/bash2, /usr/bin/esh, /usr/bin/sash, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/yash, /usr/bin/fish, /usr/bin/mksh, /usr/bin/bash, /sbin/nologin, /usr/sbin/sesh, /usr/bin/bash2, /usr/sbin/smrsh, /usr/bin/scponly, /usr/sbin/nologin, /usr/libexec/sesh, /usr/sbin/scponlyc, /usr/bin/git-shell, /usr/libexec/git-core/git-shell PROCESS TYPES
SELinux defines process types (domains) for each process running on the system You can see the context of a process using the -Z option to ps Policy governs the access confined processes have to files. SELinux cronjob policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their cronjob processes in as secure a method as possible. The following process types are defined for cronjob: cronjob_t Note: semanage permissive -a cronjob_t can be used to make the process type cronjob_t permissive. SELinux does not deny access to permis- sive process types, but the AVC (SELinux denials) messages are still generated. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. cronjob policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run cronjob with the tightest access possible. If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 If you want to allow system to run with NIS, you must turn on the nis_enabled boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P nis_enabled 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type cronjob_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. user_home_t /home/[^/]*/.+ user_tmp_t /var/run/user(/.*)? /tmp/hsperfdata_root /var/tmp/hsperfdata_root /tmp/gconfd-.* COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), cronjob(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8) cronjob 14-06-10 cronjob_selinux(8)