Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 Restore from flar image Post 302975937 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 21st of June 2016 04:04:20 PM
Old 06-21-2016
Having this kind of issue is not new.

A Solaris flar won’t install on it’s own architecture | Fetch's Phantasma

You can use this:

Code:

# flar split <flarfilename>

to split the flar file into its component parts, one of which will be a cpio archive.

Copying the flar file somewhere else and splitting it will at least enable you to check what (cpio) archive exists and that it does contain what you expected.

Last edited by hicksd8; 06-22-2016 at 09:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.2 Maksysb Image backup/restore

Hello, I am new to AIX, as I was primarily working on HP-UX servers. We have some production servers and a couple of lab servers. We have upgraded over 40 servers from 5.2 to 5.3 running a particular application(1) using the golden 5.3 upgraded servers copy of makesysb. We have only two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayinthelife
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Boot Sequence changed After Image Restore

Hello All, I backed up my RHEL 4 as an image. Then I restored the image on my machine. Everything went fine but I dont get the normal boot sequence as it used to come when I freshly installed RHEL4. The messages that are shown when the system boots are something like- " ..... EXT3-fs:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

FLAR Tape Backup/Restore

I have a T2000 server that is JumpStarted with Solaris 10 from the JumpStart server. Host name and IP address is changed after that. Then we backup the server using FLAR to tape: root.damas# date; flarcreate -c -t -n "Sol10_cairo_image" -a "engineering@starsolutions.com" -R / /dev/rmt/0n ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
2 Replies

4. Solaris

flar restore with svm mirrors failing to create boot image

In a Solaris9 environment I'm trying to restore flash archive (flar) with SVM mirrored devices to same server via jumpstart server and it is failing to create boot file and drops down to a command prompt in single user mode, metastat -i and metastat -p output looks good when compared to the ones... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
0 Replies

5. Solaris

"flar create" produces a tiny flar image of rpool

Hi, can someone help with the following? I got 1x146GB disk which is span by just one zfs rpool. When issue for example: as you can see in above output the flar is very small, just around 10KB rpool with all data sets has several GB so this can't be good image. This is on the Solaris 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 Flar Creation/Restore

I'm new to utilizing Solaris... especially the old 8 version, but I'm trying to find out if there is a way to create a Flash Archive of a disk that can be restored on a smaller size disk or disk of varying size? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scifi_vixen
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Tivoli Image Restore

Dear Team: I am new to this Forum and I need your help for my AIX restoration problem its very urgent my problem as follow failure I have a Tivoli Storage Manger was installed on that server. I created backup image using Tivoli and it created a set of files each file is around 2GB so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Firas_Abed
1 Replies

8. AIX

Restore mksysb image on cloned LPAR

Hi Folks, How to restore mksysb image on LPAR which is already having cloned AIX OS installed on hdisk0 (nothing configured, only full partition image is sitting on hdisk0) Let me know. Thank a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Deployment of flar image into the global zone

Hi Folks, I know that we can install the flar image inside solaris non-global or branded zones. But can we install flar image in the global zone? If yes, then how? My use case is, while preparing setups, every time i needs to install Solaris OS (say sol10) on the machine and have to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
1 Replies

10. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)