Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Date from filename inserted into records Post 302975897 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 21st of June 2016 01:13:27 AM
Old 06-21-2016
I am perfectly aware that this is the "UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers" forum. (It is not the "UNIX for Dummies Get Free Code Here" forum.) We are here to help you learn how to use UNIX and UNIX-like system tools, not to use those tools to do your job for you. We expect that when we make suggestions that help you do something you didn't know how to do before, that you will look at that code and learn from it. If you have trouble figuring out how code that was suggested works, read the manual page for that utility and see if you can figure it out. If you can't, ask questions and we'll be happy to explain how it works (i.e., give answers). Or, someone else might even suggest alternative code that might work better and explain why.

We are here to help you learn. Take advantage of the decades of experience provided free to you by the volunteers who are here to answer your questions.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename to contain date

hello, can anyone tell me how to rename a filename in a script to contain the current date? i have searched for the answer but with little success! many thanks rkap (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkap
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

display filename with date

Hi buddies, I have a doubt. I want to display filename with date in the following format.Is there any way to do this. Kindly give me the solution. I want to display the result in the following manner. test1.txt 03/28/2008 testlog.log 02/20/2008 Please let me know one solution how to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstanand
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get date from filename

Hi all, I have this files: aaa20080714.log bbbb20080714.log ccccccc20080714.log Can i get the 20080714 from each file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: icy_blu_blu
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date in filename

how do i add the date for the filename? for example filename20080917 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

date from filename

Hi all I have the following question: With this command, I get the latest file in a directory. lastfile =`ls -1tr | tail -n 1` echo $lastfile The output is then: partner131210.txt (meaning 13th December 2010) My goal is to get the date into a variable and to obtain a final variable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: davis77
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the oldest date based on date in the filename

I am using ksh93 on Solaris. Ok, this may seem like a simple request at first. I have a directory that contains sets of files with a YYYYMMDD component to the name, along with other files of different filespecs. something like this: 20110501_1.dat 20110501_2.dat 20110501_3.dat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query display number lines or records present in file only numeric value -without filename

Hi all Thanks in advance........... Please help me for this issue............ I have a file it has 11 records . I used the command like .... >$ wc -l file 11 file I'm getting output like 11 file (no.of records along with filename) here my requirement is, I want to display only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrivani
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append date to filename, but base it on yesterday's date?

Hello, I'd like to write a monthly archive script that archives some logs. But I'd like to do it based on yesterday's date. In other words, I'd like to schedule the script to run on the 1st day of each month, but have the archive filename include the previous month instead. Here's what I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files to get only records to be inserted and updated

Hello all, Please help me for a script that compares two files and reads only those records that are to be inserted and updated. File1: c_id name place contact_no 1 abc xyz 34567 10 efg uvw 82725 6 hjk wth 01823 2 iuy ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: T@ni@
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change existing date to current date in a filename?

Suppose i have a list of files in a directory as mentioned below 1. Shankar_04152019_ny.txt 2. Gopi_shan_03122019_mi.txt 3. Siva_mourya_02242019_nd.txt .. . . . . 1000 . Jiva_surya_02282019_nd.txt query : At one shot i want to modify the above all filenames present in one path with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
4 Replies
Mojolicious::Guides(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Mojolicious::Guides(3pm)

NAME
Mojolicious::Guides - Mojolicious guide to the galaxy DON'T PANIC! We are constantly working on new documentation, follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/kraih>, GitHub <http://github.com/kraih/mojo> or join the official IRC channel "#mojo" on "irc.perl.org" to get all the latest updates. LEARNING PERL
If you are new to Perl, we recommend Learn Perl in 2 hours 30 minutes <http://qntm.org/files/perl/perl.html> for a quick introduction, or the Modern Perl book <http://modernperlbooks.com/books/modern_perl/>, freely available in many formats. Both are excellent introductions to the language. For more books and documentation, check out learn.perl.org <http://learn.perl.org/>. TUTORIAL
Mojolicious::Lite A really fast and fun way to get started developing web applications with Mojolicious is the Mojolicious::Lite tutorial. Almost everything you learn there can also be applied to normal Mojolicious applications and is considered a prerequisite for the guides. You should definitely take a look! GUIDES
Mojolicious::Guides::Growing Starting a Mojolicious::Lite prototype from scratch and growing it into a well structured Mojolicious application. Mojolicious::Guides::Routing Simple and fun introduction to the Mojolicious router. Mojolicious::Guides::Rendering Generating content with the Mojolicious renderer. Mojolicious::Guides::Cookbook Cooking with Mojolicious, recipes for every taste. Mojolicious::Guides::FAQ Frequently asked questions with the right answers. Mojolicious::Guides::CodingGuidelines Coding guidelines and mission statement. A must read for developers and contributors! HIGHLIGHTS
Mojolicious and Mojolicious::Lite are the sum of many parts, small building blocks that can be used independently, these are the most prominent ones. Mojo::UserAgent Full featured non-blocking I/O HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket user agent. Mojo::DOM Very fun and minimalistic HTML5/XML DOM parser with CSS3 selector support. Mojo::JSON Minimalistic JSON implementation that just works. Mojo::Server::Daemon Highly portable non-blocking I/O HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket server with self-restart support through Mojo::Server::Morbo, perfect for development and testing. Mojo::Server::Hypnotoad Full featured UNIX optimized preforking non-blocking I/O HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket server with support for zero downtime software upgrades (hot deployment). Mojo::Server::CGI, Mojo::Server::PSGI Transparent CGI and PSGI support out of the box. Mojo::Template Very Perl-ish and minimalistic template system. Mojo::ByteStream Countless portable and very convenient bytestream manipulation methods. Mojolicious::Commands Pluggable command line system and the backbone of the mojo script. Test::Mojo Test driven development toolkit for web applications. ojo Fun oneliners using everything above. MORE
A lot more documentation and examples by many different authors can be found in the Mojolicious wiki at <http://github.com/kraih/mojo/wiki>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojolicious::Guides(3pm)