Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Replacing a Disk in a ODS/SVM Mirror Post 302975751 by Peasant on Saturday 18th of June 2016 01:06:59 AM
Old 06-18-2016
What is special about /mnt that this operation cannot be done online ?
Are other slices of that same failed/falling disk being used for other purposes ?

You should post complete output of meta* commands, with mount output to see the entire disk layout.
That way help could be much more precise, and perhaps might not involve rebooting at all.

Hope that clears things out
Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disk replacement with svm

I dont even know what raid level this is, but its raid 5 mirrored from the looks of it. I have a failed disk (t12) within this mirror. What is the best way to replace this disk? 2 things concern me, isn't there a command to prepare the disk for a hot swap? and what should i do with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk Replacement SVM

Hello, Can someone advise the proper procedure for replacing a mirrored disk in SVM. I have checked the docs and various websites but the procedure seems to vary. This is what I would do... 1. Remove the db replicas from the bad disk. 2. Detach it from the mirror 3. Clear it with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Removing Disk from SVM

Hi All, I have to remove the disk from SVM. Kindly guide me or suggest me some link where in I can steps to remove SVM from Solaris 10 .Also I have one metaset which require deletion. Thanks in anticipation! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
10 Replies

4. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Replacing a hard disk (SVM) with a soft partition?

The following is the summarry:- 1) Four disks in server ie (c1t0d0. c1t1d0, c1t2d0, c1t3d0). c1t2d0 is the disk to be replaced. c1t0d0 and c1t2d0 are mirrors. c1t1d0 and c1t3d0 are mirrors. Metadb to be deleted is in c1t2d0s7 a) Mirror d35 has 2 submirrors d38 and d39 d38 is a stripe... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aji1729
0 Replies

6. AIX

replacing mirror disk

Hi Admins, I am new into aix.I was surfing aix pages and reading how to replace failed mirror disks.I read in one of the posts that we have to reboot the server to replace the disk. actually i was a HPUX admin and many times replaced root mirror disk online.Ofcourse it was hot swappable. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
2 Replies

7. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

8. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Replacing a failed disk using SVM

Hi Please can you help me on replacing or removing a faulty disk drive on a SUN NETRA X4250server with 4 internal drives only. the format comand show me the following: format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <drive type unknown> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
9 Replies
GLUDISK(3G)							   OpenGL Manual						       GLUDISK(3G)

NAME
gluDisk - draw a disk C SPECIFICATION
void gluDisk(GLUquadric* quad, GLdouble inner, GLdouble outer, GLint slices, GLint loops); PARAMETERS
quad Specifies the quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric()). inner Specifies the inner radius of the disk (may be 0). outer Specifies the outer radius of the disk. slices Specifies the number of subdivisions around the z axis. loops Specifies the number of concentric rings about the origin into which the disk is subdivided. DESCRIPTION
gluDisk renders a disk on the z = 0 plane. The disk has a radius of outer and contains a concentric circular hole with a radius of inner. If inner is 0, then no hole is generated. The disk is subdivided around the z axis into slices (like pizza slices) and also about the z axis into rings (as specified by slices and loops, respectively). With respect to orientation, the +z side of the disk is considered to be ``outside'' (see gluQuadricOrientation()). This means that if the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE, then any normals generated point along the +z axis. Otherwise, they point along the -z axis. If texturing has been turned on (with gluQuadricTexture()), texture coordinates are generated linearly such that where r = outer, the value at (r, 0, 0) is (1, 0.5), at (0, r, 0) it is (0.5, 1), at (-r, 0, 0) it is (0, 0.5), and at (0, -r, 0) it is (0.5, 0). SEE ALSO
gluCylinder(), gluNewQuadric(), gluPartialDisk(), gluQuadricOrientation(), gluQuadricTexture(), gluSphere() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1991-2006 Silicon Graphics, Inc. This document is licensed under the SGI Free Software B License. For details, see http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLUDISK(3G)