Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Matrix with Percentage
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matrix with Percentage Post 302975612 by nikhil jain on Thursday 16th of June 2016 04:22:15 AM
Old 06-16-2016
Rudi,

I'm sorry for this, Can you plz help ?

My code is as shown below

Code:
Code:
awk -F "|" '
BEGIN{IGNORECASE=1}
{ if ($2 == $3 && $2 != "" && $3 != "" ) { print $2 "|" $3 "|TRUE POSITIVE"; }
   else if ($3 == "" && $2 != "" && $2 != $3 ){print $2"|"$3"|FALSE NEGATIVE";}
   else if ($2 == "" && $3 != "" ){print $2"|""|FALSE POSITIVE";}
   else if ($2 == "" && $3 == "") { print $2 "|" $3"|TRUE NEGATIVE"; }
   else {print $2 "|" $3 "|TRUE POSITIVE";}
}' $1

When i Execute my above script , I get below o/p which is incorrect.

Because state is not at all substring of country, If they are different completely it should be false positive

Code:
Code:
INPUT 1 (i/p 1)|INPUT 2 (i/p 2)|TRUE POSITIVE
Bharat Bazar|Bharat Bazar|TRUE POSITIVE
Binny's Sales| |TRUE POSITIVE
|Binny's|FALSE POSITIVE
||TRUE NEGATIVE
Bharat bazar|Bharat|TRUE POSITIVE
binny's|binny|TRUE POSITIVE
state|country|TRUE POSITIVE

Let me know if there is any other clarrifications required.

Last edited by nikhil jain; 06-16-2016 at 05:30 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk percentage

how would you calculate percentage by per line? Given a column of 16 lines, grab each line and divide it by the sum of the entire column and multiply by 100? thanks ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockiefx
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

percentage

How to calculate percentage of two values in unix. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

diagonal matrix to square matrix

Hello, all! I am struggling with a short script to read a diagonal matrix for later retrieval. 1.000 0.234 0.435 0.123 0.012 0.102 0.325 0.412 0.087 0.098 1.000 0.111 0.412 0.115 0.058 0.091 0.190 0.045 0.058 1.000 0.205 0.542 0.335 0.054 0.117 0.203 0.125 1.000 0.587 0.159 0.357... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
11 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How to convert full data matrix to linearised left data matrix?

Hi all, Is there a way to convert full data matrix to linearised left data matrix? e.g full data matrix Bh1 Bh2 Bh3 Bh4 Bh5 Bh6 Bh7 Bh1 0 0.241058 0.236129 0.244397 0.237479 0.240767 0.245245 Bh2 0.241058 0 0.240594 0.241931 0.241975 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoll
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list

Hi everyone I am very new at awk but think that that might be the best strategy for this. I have a matrix very similar to a correlation matrix and in practical terms I need to convert it into a list containing the values from the matrix (one value per line) with the first field of the line (row... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonkey
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage calculation

i am trying to get percentage : but not able to do it: i tried : x=1 y=2 z=`expr $x/$y*100` it is not giving me result can u pls help on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage of occurence

Dear all, I have data like below and i need to add coloumn before the COUNT field to see the Percentage out of all COUNT field value for respective raw. ============================================= COUNT CODE sConnType tConnType... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iroshan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to monitor OS in percentage

Hi, I am looking for generic commands / scripts that could run across platforms especially on HP Itanium boxes to give me % of free OS parameters For eg: Free Total Memory RAM : 20 % Free Total Swap Memory: 35% Free Total CPU utilisation: 44% Free Disk Space: /appl = 55%... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percentage of columns greater than certain value in a matrix using awk

This matrix represents correlation values. Is it possible to calculate the percentage of columns (a1, a2, a3) that have a value >= |0.5| and report the percentage that has positive correlation >0.5 and negative correlation <-0.5 separately. thanx in advance! input name a1 a2 a3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage calculation

Hi, I have a text file in below format. I trying to find a solution for finding percentage used for each of the NAMEs. Directory ALLOCATED USED NAME1 93MB 93KB NAME2 25G 62K NAME3 14G 873M NAME4 25G 62K NAME5 20G... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
10 Replies
Bio::Matrix::IO(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Bio::Matrix::IO(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Matrix::IO - A factory for Matrix parsing SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Matrix::IO; my $parser = Bio::Matrix::IO->new(-format => 'scoring', -file => 'BLOSUMN50'); my $matrix = $parser->next_matrix; DESCRIPTION
This is a general factory framework for writing parsers for Matricies. This includes parsing output from distance output like PHYLIP's ProtDist. Additionally it should be possible to fit parsers for PWM and PSSMs once their Matrix objects are written. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason-at-bioperl-dot-org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $obj = Bio::Matrix::IO->new(); Function: Builds a new Bio::Matrix::IO object Returns : an instance of Bio::Matrix::IO Args : newFh Title : newFh Usage : $fh = Bio::Matrix::IO->newFh(-file=>$filename,-format=>'Format') Function: does a new() followed by an fh() Example : $fh = Bio::Matrix::IO->newFh(-file=>$filename,-format=>'Format') $matrix = <$fh>; # read a matrix object print $fh $matrix; # write a matrix object Returns : filehandle tied to the Bio::SeqIO::Fh class Args : fh Title : fh Usage : $obj->fh Function: Get a filehandle type access to the matrix parser Example : $fh = $obj->fh; # make a tied filehandle $matrix = <$fh>; # read a matrix object print $fh $matrix; # write a matrix object Returns : filehandle tied to Bio::Matrix::IO class Args : none next_matrix Title : next_matrix Usage : my $matrix = $matixio->next_matrix; Function: Parse the next matrix from the data stream Returns : L<Bio::Matrix::MatrixI> type object or undef when finished Args : none write_matrix Title : write_matrix Usage : $io->write_matrix($matrix) Function: Writes a matrix out to the data stream Returns : none Args : Array of Bio::Matrix::MatrixI object - note that not all matricies can be converted to each format, beware with mixing matrix types and output formats _load_format_module Title : _load_format_module Usage : *INTERNAL Matrix::IO stuff* Function: Loads up (like use) a module at run time on demand _guess_format Title : _guess_format Usage : $obj->_guess_format($filename) Returns : guessed format of filename (lower case) Args : filename perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Matrix::IO(3pm)