Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unattended installation of AIX 7.2 Post 302975421 by bakunin on Monday 13th of June 2016 01:31:07 AM
Old 06-13-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by filosophizer
Now, is there a way, I can find out what other filesets have not been installed by of Media (DVD) error ?
Yes: have a look in the log file. I suppe you did this using SMIT, so there is a file "smit.log" in your HOME directory where everything having appeared on screen before can be found.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Installation

I am in need some some simple... straight forward instructions for creating file systems on AIX. I have a raid controller and 4 18.2gb Hot Swap SCSI drives. I am sooooo confused about Volume Groups, Physical Volume, and Physical Partition, and Logical Volume and Logical Partitions. In a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. AIX

aix installation

hey all I have ibm RS6000 WORKSTATION,iam new to aix i worked on sparc system,but dont know anything abt aix can some one guide me how to install aix 4.3.3 fresh installtion how the partition to be created how to start the installltion and finish it how to add new external hdd. plss osme one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX - MySQL installation help

Hi, I'm facing troubles in installing MySQL on AIX 5.3. After I run make it's getting errors and exiting, few of the errors are pasted below. Please help me to install it succesfully. ld: 0711-235 WARNING: Archive member ../mysys/libmysys.a is not an object file or an import list.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishi
2 Replies

4. AIX

Need AIX 4.3.3 installation disk 1

This is a serious longshot but my system crashed and I need to bring it back up, I put my cd into the drive to boot and it does not work. I cannot find another copy anywhere (internet, friends, other companies, etc...). Apparently while trying to install the Veristas remote agent for unix I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colb926
0 Replies

5. AIX

Installation an application on AIX

Hi all I'm newbie In this forum, i have posted some topics about zip and unzip a file on AIX system. And i have some answers so that AIX can not work with zip file, and they tell me some files to zip and unzip my files on AIX such as: zip-2.3-3.aix4.3.ppc.rpm unzip-5.51-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenguyen0101
2 Replies

6. AIX

Installation of CUPS in AIX

Hi, In cups.org, it is said CUPS 1.1.9 adds support for AIX, adds several performance improvements to the scheduler, adds support for the Apache Include directive, adds new HideImplicitMembers and ImplicitAnyClasses directives, stores user-defined options as differences from the system-defined... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
3 Replies

7. AIX

aix installation on as400

Hi all! Is it possible to install AIX 6.1 over preinstalled Power Systems server with AS400?. Now hardware platfoem is identical. quote IBM had two discrete Power Architecture based hardware lines since the early 1990's. Servers running processors based on the PowerPC-AS in the AS/400... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glykon
3 Replies

8. AIX

Sudoers Installation in AIX

1. Download the rpm file needed to install the sudoers package in AIX AIX open sources rpms Search for the file sudo-1.6.7p5-3.aix5.1.ppc.rpm and download it 2. Copy the downloaded file to the AIX servers /tmp/SUDO directory 3. change the permission to chmod 777 <Filename> 4.smitty install->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
4 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 installation hanging

Hi There I am trying to install AIX6.1 from a NIM server, but the installation hangs on 90% Filesets processed 551 of 571. Is there some log somewhere to check why it is failing or hanging? I have done it before successfully, with the same spot and lpp_source. I am new to AIX and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjace
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Cisco UC Unattended installation

Hi All, Goal: Unattended installation of Cisco UC apps (i.e. Cisco Unified Communications Manager). Cisco UC uses RHEL as its OS. Challenge: Bypass the "Proceed with Install" prompt (see attached image named CUCM.png). I did research about Kickstart but I couldn' find the answer. I have also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxn00b1
3 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)