Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slow login with rexec.
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Slow login with rexec. Post 302974701 by mig28mx on Thursday 2nd of June 2016 11:49:04 AM
Old 06-02-2016
Slow login with rexec.

Hi all,
I´m replacing an old linux enterprise redhat 4.5 by a new one linux enterprise redhat 6.
In both I use rexec as a communication between the front end and the user.

In the old one, when the user connects, the communication establishes quickly (less than 3 sec). But in the new one, the communication establishes very slow (30 sec. aprox.).

I have reviewed the configurations and the only difference is:
in the old one, the parameter of log_on_success += USERID and log_on_failure += USERID does not exists.
But if I disable those parameters in /etc/xinet.d/rexec in the new one, I can not log.

Anybody have faced a similar problem?
Thanks in advance
Code:
# default: off
# description: Rexecd is the server for the rexec(3) routine.  The server \
#       provides remote execution facilities with authentication based \
#       on user names and passwords.
service exec
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        log_on_success          += USERID
        log_on_failure          += USERID
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.rexecd
        disable                 = no
        server_args             = -D
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Rexec

How is rexec enabled on a Solaris 8? How can I check if rexec is installed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmj1970
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 slow login thru ssh & ftp

When I ssh to my box, an Ultra 5. I get prompted for password immediately. I enter it and have to wait sometimes a full minute for it to prompt for a password. The same thing happens when i try to ftp to the box, it will say connected, but it takes forever to prompt for password, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Painfully Slow SSH login on Solaris box

Running open solaris on a e420 that I recently picked up. Having issues sshing to it from either of my Linux boxes as its very slow to login (from the solaris box to the linux box it connects just fine. Here is the output of ssh -vvv. I have hightlighted where it seems the slowdown is. Does... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: creedog
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Really slow login... any ideas why?

Hi, Quick question, I'm messing about with a test box at work (system v) Basically I telnet to the server. Get the following : SunOS 5.9 login: (my name) Password: (my password) Last login: Thu Feb..... yada yada (At this stage it takes over a minute to come to display the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenny123m
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Slow Login

Hi All, I have problem when i write my user name to login to my server late (about 10 min) to give me field of password if u know how i can solve it? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mass1123
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Slow login via SSH

Hi Guys and Girls, I know this is a common question but I've searched and we've tried the suggestions without luck. When I log into the box via SSH from a windows machine I get a 1 min 20 sec delay. If we add my IP address and machine name to /etc/hosts then I get an instant login. I would be happy... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MikeKulls
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl slow to login.

I have some sample code that's supposed to ssh to another machine using Net::SSH::Perl, execute a command, and print the output of that command. It's very basic, and it works. However, I noticed that upon logging in: $ssh->login('username','password'); It takes roughly 10-13 seconds to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Open Indiana 151a - Slow SSH Login

Hi, I have the following issue, when I tried to login to an Openindiana remote server through ssh It takes to long to ask me for the password. So i tried -v and I realize that sshd hangs here " debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received " for at least 2 minutes. Then I can log in and everything is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piukeman
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OEL 6.3 :Slow login due to /etc/ssh/sshd_config configuration

Version: Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.3 Running on VMWare Workstation When I login to my Linux VM from putty, the third line prompting for password comes only after few seconds. login as: root Access denied root@192.168.0.235's password: ---> It takes around 5 seconds to get this prompt I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John K
1 Replies

10. AIX

RCP slow down and blocks login, telnet, rsh, etc on target server

Hello I have a LPAR AIX 6.1 on Power VM, Vio 2.2.3 and when I execute a rcp to this machine, I cant, simultaneosly, rlogin, telnet, rsh to this same LPARt. This commands stay hanged till the copy end, and Imeddiatlely the comand is executed (rlogin, telnet, rhs, etc). Someone can give me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: artur_dietrich
1 Replies
netrc(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  netrc(4)

NAME
netrc: .netrc - login information for ftp, rexec, and rexec() DESCRIPTION
The file contains login and initialization information used by the autologin process, by the library routine, and by the command (see ftp(1), rexec(3N), and remsh(1)), respectively. This file is optional. It exists, if at all, in the user's home directory. If the file contains password or account information for use other than for anonymous its owner must match the effective user ID of the current process. Its read, write, and execute mode bits for group and other must all be zero, and it must be readable by its owner. Oth- erwise, the file is ignored. The file can contain the following tokens, separated by whitespace (spaces, tabs, or newlines) or commas To include a comma as part of a token, enclose that token in quotation marks (). Identify a remote machine name. The autologin process searches the file for a token that matches the remote machine specified on the command line, as an command argument, or as the parameter of Once a match is made, the subsequent tokens are processed, stopping when the end-of-file is reached or another token or a token is encountered. If the remote machine name has an alias host name, and both the official host name and the alias are present in the file, the client gives precedence to the official host name over the alias when searching the file. If an alias is given as an entry to the command, and in the search from the top of the file to the bottom, the client finds the alias host name before it finds the official host name, it will use the alias's entry. However, if it finds the official host name first, it will use the official entry even though the alias host name also exists in the file. So the high precedence given to the official host name requires placing the official host name entry last in the file for when aliases exist. Same as except that matches any name. There can be only one token, and it must be after all tokens. This is normally used for as follows: This provides automatic anonymous login to machines not specified in This can be overridden in by using the flag to disable autologin. Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the or autologin process initiates a login using the specified name. If this token matches the user name used by the command option, or, by default, the local user name, uses the token, if present. Supply a password. If this token is present, the autologin process supplies the specified string, if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the file for any user other than aborts the autologin process if the is readable by anyone other than the owner. Also note that the passwords in are not encrypted. Supply an additional account password for login. If this token is present, the autologin process supplies the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the autologin process initiates an command if it does not. Define an macro. This token is just like the command. A macro is defined with the specified name; its contents begin with the next line and continue until an empty line (consecutive newline characters) is encountered. If a macro named is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the autologin process. EXAMPLES
The following is a valid entry for the host whose account has the password WARNINGS
It is a security risk to have unencrypted passwords in a file. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
ftp(1), remsh(1), rexec(3N). netrc(4)