Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using sed inside shellscript
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sed inside shellscript Post 302974591 by RudiC on Wednesday 1st of June 2016 06:53:20 AM
Old 06-01-2016
Any error messages? Run with -x option set and post the result...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variable inside 'sed'

Dear all, How can I amend the following command to use variable inside 'sed' ? str=`sed -e 's/orig_string/${var}/g' ${sourcefile}` Thanks, Rocky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rock
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Problem in Shellscript

Hi, i have a problem with sed i want to substitude a / to ",""," in the following pattern: number/number so if u have a file which contains -> "Streetname 9/8/6" it shouldn't substitude anything, only if it is "Streetname 9/6" to "Streetname 9","","6". Maybe you can help me, i try so many... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urukai
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED inside while loop

Hi, im having problem creating a loop using my code: aside from the fact that the 1st variable (VAR) does not increment, it loops more than the expected output. for sample purposes, test csv contains 3 lines. #get number of lines in the file lines=$( wc -l < test.csv ) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paoie
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help using sed inside the loop.

Hi, i have written a script. it collects data based on the sql queries executed by it. i have multiple output files. after the output file is made i need to do some cosmetic changes in the files and then store them. i am unable to use sed conditions inside the loop. see below code for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove newline between two string with sed command in unix shellscript

I have a file (test.dat) which contains data like this 459|199811047|a |b |shan kar|ooty| 460|199811047|a |bv |gur u|cbe| but I need it like: 459|199811047|a |b |shankar|ooty| 460|199811047|a |b |guru|cbe| While reading the data from this file, I don't want to remove newline from the end of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcrshankar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed inside sed for replacing string

My need is : Want to change docBase="/something/something/something" to docBase="/only/this/path/for/all/files" I have some (about 250 files)xml files. In FileOne it contains <Context path="/PPP" displayName="PPP" docBase="/home/me/documents" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable inside sed

Problem: Need to read contents from a file and use that value inside sed as avariable. sample code below. THe below code replaces contents inside file123 for matched string with "$x" value only. but we want the value of x which is read from TextFile.txt to go in there. cat TextFile.txt|while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed inside awk

What I want to do is delete everything upto the last underscore (_) in column 2. awk '{ $2=$(echo $2 | sed 's/.*_//'); print $0}' Sed works fine if I echo the string into it, this doesnt work inside awk. What am I doing wrong? Similarly, how do I store the substring starting with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Array inside sed

Hi guys Let me at first describe the whole thing that I'm trying to do. Lets say I have 100 files like the following one. Ow 1230 16.000000 -0.834000 16.083957 1.751652398 -17.20094528 -4.450623277 Hw 1231 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of sed inside perl

$string="test.binary.value"; $toggle="test.binary.value=true"; host=test.server.com my $returnCode = system ( "ssh $host 'cp -p /tmp/testfile /tmp/testfile.bkup; sed -i 's/\$string.*/\$toggle/g' /tmp/testfile'" ); cat testfile test.binary.value=false Scenario: I am trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies
App::Prove::State(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    App::Prove::State(3pm)

NAME
App::Prove::State - State storage for the "prove" command. VERSION
Version 3.26 DESCRIPTION
The "prove" command supports a "--state" option that instructs it to store persistent state across runs. This module implements that state and the operations that may be performed on it. SYNOPSIS
# Re-run failed tests $ prove --state=fail,save -rbv METHODS
Class Methods "new" Accepts a hashref with the following key/value pairs: o "store" The filename of the data store holding the data that App::Prove::State reads. o "extensions" (optional) The test name extensions. Defaults to ".t". o "result_class" (optional) The name of the "result_class". Defaults to "App::Prove::State::Result". "result_class" Getter/setter for the name of the class used for tracking test results. This class should either subclass from "App::Prove::State::Result" or provide an identical interface. "extensions" Get or set the list of extensions that files must have in order to be considered tests. Defaults to ['.t']. "results" Get the results of the last test run. Returns a "result_class()" instance. "commit" Save the test results. Should be called after all tests have run. Instance Methods "apply_switch" $self->apply_switch('failed,save'); Apply a list of switch options to the state, updating the internal object state as a result. Nothing is returned. Diagnostics: - "Illegal state option: %s" "last" Run in the same order as last time "failed" Run only the failed tests from last time "passed" Run only the passed tests from last time "all" Run all tests in normal order "hot" Run the tests that most recently failed first "todo" Run the tests ordered by number of todos. "slow" Run the tests in slowest to fastest order. "fast" Run test tests in fastest to slowest order. "new" Run the tests in newest to oldest order. "old" Run the tests in oldest to newest order. "save" Save the state on exit. "get_tests" Given a list of args get the names of tests that should run "observe_test" Store the results of a test. "save" Write the state to a file. "load" Load the state from a file perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 App::Prove::State(3pm)