Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a file contains millions of lines and each line has different datas? Post 302974570 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 31st of May 2016 10:20:12 PM
Old 05-31-2016
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Yes, anyone can say that something looks like homework. And the person who submits a request can be combative and have their thread closed; or they can explain why creating millions of lines of unique values (in a specified format that does not seem to be useful for anything but a homework assignment) really is needed for a real-life purpose.

This thread is closed.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

select datas from an input file

I have a file containing a list of references and I want to run a script that will make the same action for each reference. The input file changes every hour, it's why I want to use a script that can read in a file, record by record, and run a specific action for the reference readed. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dde
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read line by line and create new file

I would like to read line by line out of a file (one word per line) and create with each line a file. The read line should be also pasted into the file with some other text. Something like this: cat readfile.txt | mkfile readline << "bla bli $readline blu" (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

arranging datas if input file is not having also...!!

hi, my input file is containg uid, eriMaster ,eriResign, ericontry, dept. some of the uid are not having all info. out put should include all info irrespctive of datas of input file if any one data is missing, then it has to print Null or zero..then continue with the existing one. here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing datas in two excel file

Hi All, i have two excel sheets with same column name as below col1 col2 col3 ---- ---- ----- 1 121 156 24 456 788 45 444 777 765 32 77 col1 col2 col3 ---- ---- ----- 24 456 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an efficient way to search for a tag in an xml file having millions of rows

Hi, I have an XML file with around 1 billion rows in it and i am trying to find the number of times a particular tag occurs in it. The solution i am using works but takes a lot of time (~1 hr) .Please help me with an efficient way to do this. Lets say the input file is <Root> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring lines and create new file

Hello, I have a requirement to ignore few lines in a file before keyword FILEHEADER . As soon as there is keyword FILEHEADER is identified in file , it will form another file with data from FILEHEADER to whatever in file after FILEHEADER. I wrote filename=$1 awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmatkarna
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files and create a result file with unmatched lines from first file.?

HI, I have 2 text files. file1 and file2. file1.txt (There are no duplicates in this file) 1234 3232 4343 3435 6564 6767 1213 file2.txt 1234,wq,wewe,qwqw 1234,as,dfdf,dfdf 4343,asas,sdds,dsds 6767,asas,fdfd,fdffd I need to search each number in file1.txt in file2.txt's 1st... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Lines from One file.. and create another.. and

Hello Members, I have one file which contains million of supplier code. I need to load these codes into database 1000 at a time. Database procedure reads from an external table which is based on the unix files. All I want to do is to read from the bigger file e.g. MAIN_FILE.txt and create... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all lines in file such that each word on that line appears in at least n lines of the file

I have a file where every line includes four expressions with a caret in the middle (plus some other "words" or fields, always separated by spaces). I would like to extract from this file, all those lines such that each of the four expressions containing a caret appears in at least four different... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncleMonty
9 Replies
pthread_key_create(3T)													    pthread_key_create(3T)

NAME
pthread_key_create(), pthread_key_delete() - create or delete a thread-specific data key SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
key This is either a pointer to the location where the new key value will to be returned (create function) or the thread-spe- cific data key to be deleted (delete function). destructor Function to be called to destroy a data value associated with key when the thread terminates. DESCRIPTION
creates a unique thread-specific data key. The key may be used by threads within the process to maintain thread-specific data. The same key is used by all threads, but each thread has its own thread-specific value associated with key. For each thread, the value associated with key persists for the life of the thread. By default, the system allows a process to create up to number of thread-specific data keys. If the process needs more keys, the environ- ment variable can set the number of keys up to a maximum of 16384. If a value outside the range of and 16384 is specified, or if the envi- ronment variable is not set at all, the default value is considered. When a new thread-specific data key is created, each thread will ini- tially have the value NULL associated with the new key. Each time a thread is created, the new thread will have the value NULL for each thread-specific data key that has been created in the process. A thread may use to change the value associated with a thread-specific data key. Note: is an opaque data type. When a thread terminates, it may have non-NULL values associated with some or all of its thread-specific data keys. Typically, these val- ues will be pointers to dynamically allocated memory. If this memory is not released when the thread terminates, memory leaks in the process occur. An optional function may be provided at key creation time to destroy the thread-specific data of a terminating thread. When a thread terminates, the thread-specific data values associated with the thread will be examined. For each key that has a non-NULL thread-specific data value and a destructor function, the destructor function will be called with the thread-specific data value as its sole argument. The order in which destructor functions are called is unspecified. Once all the destructor functions have been called, the thread-specific data values for the terminating thread are examined again. If there are still non-NULL values in which the associated keys have destructor functions, the process of calling destructor functions is repeated. If after iterations of this loop there are still some non-NULL values with associated destructors, the system may stop calling the destructors or continue calling the destructors until there are no non-NULL values. Note: This may result in an infinite loop. If a destructor function is not desired for key, the value NULL may be passed in the destructor parameter. The function deletes a thread-specific data key. The key must have been previously created by The thread-specific data values associated with key are not required to be NULL when this function is called. Using key after it has been deleted results in undefined behavior. If a destructor function is associated with key, it will not be invoked by the function. Once key has been deleted, any function that was associated with key is not called when a thread exits. It is the responsibility of the application to free any application storage for each of the threads using key. The function can be called from a destructor function. RETURN VALUE
If successful, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: The value specified by key is invalid. The necessary resources to create another thread-specific data key are not available, or the total number of keys per process has exceeded or an invalid value was specified with the environment variable There is insufficient memory available in which to create key. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: The value specified by key is invalid. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_getspecific(3T), pthread_setspecific(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_key_create(3T)