Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Capture PRSTAT based on CPU usage percentage Post 302974455 by tharmendran on Monday 30th of May 2016 09:57:30 PM
Old 05-30-2016
Hi Rudic and MadeInGermany,

Thanks guys. It seems working.
I also learn new things about awk and nawk different.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to determine cpu&memory percentage usage per user

Using HP-UX v11 Need to monitor cpu and memory usage, total for system and separately for each user in command-line mode. Found out next ways to monitor total cpu usage under hp-ux: 1) vmstat, also shows free memory 2) sar -M ps -eo user,pcpu - does not work, means 'user-defined format'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hp-ux-user
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of prstat -j option.

Hi, I need to capture output of prstat command for certain pid's .I found it as prstat -j filename. I created a filename projlist gave the pid number on the projlist file and run the cmd like this >prstat -j projlist prstat: illegal argument -- projlist can anybody suggest how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipin771
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get percentage cpu from pid

Hi all, I need a script that will check the cpu usage of a certain process and then kill the process if the % cpu is greater than 25%. I know i can get the pid of a process by doing pidof <processname>. Once I have the pid number is there a command in bash to return the current % cpu? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Solaris

100% memory usage in prstat

Hi Guys, I have observed the Oracle (DB USER) is utilizing 100% of the memory in the prstat -a output. I am bit confused is it normal and if not how to bring it down? ABout the machine it is a SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200. Please see below output of prstat -a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash script - Need to get CPU usage as a percentage

I'm writing a bash script to log some selections from a sensors output (core temp, mb temp, etc.) and I would also like to have the current cpu usage as a percentage. I have no idea how to go about getting it in a form that a bash script can use. For example, I would simply look in the output of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total Percentage CPU usage

Hi, How can I find total CPU usage in percentage? e.g. if my system has 8 CPUs and I want to list total usage for all of them, is it possible through a command? I have tried some of the commands like top, mpstat, sar. The output of those commands has to be manipulated to derive the percentage... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions about prstat and CPU utility

Question 1: I want to store the result of prstat to a file. If I write in this way: prstat -a >>prstat.log, the result of prstat is stored to the file prstat.log correctly; but if I write it in this way:prstat -a |grep abc>>prstat.log (abc is the name of a program since I only want to trace... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilili07
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Capture PRSTAT

Is there any scripts to capture the process which use more than 5% CPU from prstat output? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
9 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
       ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices

SYNOPSIS
       /usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir]

DESCRIPTION
       ucblinks  creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi-
       ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry.

ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand.

ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been  created,
       since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed.

In  releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a  nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses  nawk
       for the default operation, although  nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option.  The  nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS
       5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk.

OPTIONS
       -e rulebase     Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements.

-r rootdir      Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /.

FILES
       /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk        sample rule-base for compatibility links

ATTRIBUTES
       See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes:

+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+
       |      ATTRIBUTE TYPE	     |	    ATTRIBUTE VALUE	   |
       |Availability		     |SUNWscpu			   |

SEE ALSO
       devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5)

SunOS 5.10							    13 Apr 1994 						      ucblinks(1B)