Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue executing grep command on Solaris Post 302974442 by Corona688 on Monday 30th of May 2016 05:54:07 PM
Old 05-30-2016
These GNU extensions are not found on Solaris' default, standards-compliant grep.

You probably have the GNU version somewhere though, just not used by default. Try /usr/gnu/bin/grep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Troubles building on solaris 9 and executing on solaris 10

Hi, I have to build an application on solaris 9 which is supposed to run on solaris 10 computers. I heard that solaris 9 builds should run on solaris 10 without any troubles. However, there is some trouble. Calling ldd on the programm reveals that "libgcc_s.so.1" and "libstdc++.so.6" are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikehammer80
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with grep command

i am using 'psu' to grep the status of a process like below :- psu|grep -i agentf 29559 29552 0 00:53:05 ? 0:57 gn1avm_agent -n AGENTF1 28946 1 0 00:51:31 ? 0:31 gnavm_ewd -b gn1avm_agent -n AGENTF1 -c -n AGENTF1 29552 28946 0 00:53:05 ? 0:00 /bin/ksh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

Performance issue with 'grep' command for huge file size

I have 2 files; one file (say, details.txt) contains the details of employees and another file (say, emp.txt) has some selected employee names. I am extracting employee details from details.txt by using emp.txt and the corresponding code is: while read line do emp_name=`echo $line` grep -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arb_1984
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep command issue

How am I supposed to print with one Unix command the names (and only the names) of company JMT? Problems with scandinavian letters? By typing grep JMT url | egrep --only-matching ']+'I still have company name and + marks I should get rid of. I'd be very grateful of your help bacause I am new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jht
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CUT Command and grep issue

I am trying to grep the oracle erros evry day from the logs file. My problem is : -rw-r----- 1 tibcolm tibco 17438361 Apr 5 11:59 RetryService-RetryService.log -rw-r----- 1 tibcolm tibco 245303 Apr 5 12:00 ResponseService-ResponseService.log -rw-r----- 1 tibcolm tibco 2122654 Apr 5 12:00... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while executing script

Hi, I'm trying to use the below command in a shell script, but couldn't. The command is working fine when I'm executing from the dollar prompt i.e. shell. Command: grep -i fail /home/applmgr/error.log |egrep -i "`date --date="-4 day" +"%m/%d/%Y"`|`date --date="-4 day" +"%m/%d/%y"`"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh17
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep issue (Solaris)

Can anyone explain this (i.e. why the 2nd grep does not find anything)?: -bash-3.00$ cat tmp.log sftp> chdir /home/test-dir sftp> mget thosefiles*.txt File "/home/test-dir/thosefiles*.txt" not found. -bash-3.00$ grep "s*.txt" tmp.log sftp> mget thosefiles*.txt File... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhebden
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue when executing shc command

Hi All, I am trying to create an executable using shc. I have a script which is creating 10 executables. The executables being created have the below issue. The message "Please contact your provider" is displayed even though I am not using the “-e” option. This message is coming for some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: temp_user
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue using empty variable in grep command

Hi, I'm writing a shell script and trying to grep a variable value, it works fine as long as there is a value in /tmp/list.out which is captured in $DSK but sometimes the file tends to be empty and that is where I'm having an issue while using grep which returns nothing. I know I can use something... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with awk command between Linux and Solaris

Hi, Here is the output using bash profile on Linux uptime 04:59:14 up 16 days, 4:48, 2 users, load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.20 Here is the output using bash profile on Solaris uptime 4:00am up 84 day(s), 22:21, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.12 Now,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
asadmin-list-jdbc-connection-pools(1AS) 			   User Commands			   asadmin-list-jdbc-connection-pools(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-jdbc-connection-pools, list-jdbc-connection-pools - gets all the JDBC connection pools SYNOPSIS
list-jdbc-connection-pools --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848][ [--secure|-s] --passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive] Gets all the JDBC connection pools. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. Example 1: Using list-jdbc-connection-pools asadmin> list-jdbc-connection-pools --user admin --password adminadmin --host fuyako --port 7070 server XA_connection_pool Where: XA_connection_pool is the JDBC connection listed. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jdbc-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-delete-jdbc-connection-pool(1) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-jdbc-connection-pools(1AS)