Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in refreshing a text editor (gedit) for scanned pdf Post 302974302 by neutronscott on Friday 27th of May 2016 11:58:50 AM
Old 05-27-2016
It's not clear what $2 and $3 are ..

It looks like you convert $3, so I assume that's file.pdf

tesseract's output would be in file.pdf.txt since you didn't use ${3%.*} as you did elsewhere. But then you try to open ${3/%.*}.txt instead...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pdf to text

Hi, Can anyone help me in converting a PDF file into a text file? Thanks, sskb (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to open a text file using some tool such as gedit under gtk

how to open a text file using some tool such as gedit under gtk I list some text file names in a GtkCList . I want to open the file on when users click on the row. How to implement this ? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

4. Solaris

weird problem - terminal not refreshing; sleep not terminating

Hi, I am having a wierd problem in one of the Solaris server. root@ussd # uname -a SunOS ussd 5.8 Generic_108528-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R The problem is that terminal is not refreshing when we run commands like prstat, tail -f "some log file", sar -u 1 10 Also, sleep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

create pdf of text file help

Can someone please tell me why this is not working? I have created numerous pdf's from text files by following these instructions and this time it is not working. Convert jpeg files to PDF under Linux | bitPrison.net convert /home/liveuser/Documents/hw7 /home/liveuser/Documents/hw7.pdf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PDF to Text Conversion

Hi Guys, My OS is Suse Linux.. Is there a Command to convert PDF file to Text?? Cheers!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pdf to text

Is there a way using the pdf to text utility to convert all the pdf in a given directory? So instead of one at a time: pdftotext pdftotext hp-manual.pdf hp-manual.txt a directory of 50 pdf files would be converted: pdftotext /home/dnascopev/Desktop/PDF.pdf /home/dnascopev/Desktop/PDF.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text to pdf

Is there a way to covert te attached text file to a pdf? I have tried: enscript-p output.ps article.txt PRE.cjk { font-family: "WenQuanYi Micro Hei",monospace; }PRE.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Hindi",monospace; }P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } awk '{ A=$2; next} END { for (i in A) print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Best text to pdf converter for Hp/UX 11.31

Hi, Can anyone tell me the best converter I can use to convert text to pdf for HP/UX 11.31? Thanks, Linda (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
0 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)