Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in refreshing a text editor (gedit) for scanned pdf Post 302974302 by neutronscott on Friday 27th of May 2016 11:58:50 AM
Old 05-27-2016
It's not clear what $2 and $3 are ..

It looks like you convert $3, so I assume that's file.pdf

tesseract's output would be in file.pdf.txt since you didn't use ${3%.*} as you did elsewhere. But then you try to open ${3/%.*}.txt instead...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pdf to text

Hi, Can anyone help me in converting a PDF file into a text file? Thanks, sskb (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to open a text file using some tool such as gedit under gtk

how to open a text file using some tool such as gedit under gtk I list some text file names in a GtkCList . I want to open the file on when users click on the row. How to implement this ? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

4. Solaris

weird problem - terminal not refreshing; sleep not terminating

Hi, I am having a wierd problem in one of the Solaris server. root@ussd # uname -a SunOS ussd 5.8 Generic_108528-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R The problem is that terminal is not refreshing when we run commands like prstat, tail -f "some log file", sar -u 1 10 Also, sleep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

create pdf of text file help

Can someone please tell me why this is not working? I have created numerous pdf's from text files by following these instructions and this time it is not working. Convert jpeg files to PDF under Linux | bitPrison.net convert /home/liveuser/Documents/hw7 /home/liveuser/Documents/hw7.pdf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PDF to Text Conversion

Hi Guys, My OS is Suse Linux.. Is there a Command to convert PDF file to Text?? Cheers!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pdf to text

Is there a way using the pdf to text utility to convert all the pdf in a given directory? So instead of one at a time: pdftotext pdftotext hp-manual.pdf hp-manual.txt a directory of 50 pdf files would be converted: pdftotext /home/dnascopev/Desktop/PDF.pdf /home/dnascopev/Desktop/PDF.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text to pdf

Is there a way to covert te attached text file to a pdf? I have tried: enscript-p output.ps article.txt PRE.cjk { font-family: "WenQuanYi Micro Hei",monospace; }PRE.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Hindi",monospace; }P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } awk '{ A=$2; next} END { for (i in A) print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Best text to pdf converter for Hp/UX 11.31

Hi, Can anyone tell me the best converter I can use to convert text to pdf for HP/UX 11.31? Thanks, Linda (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
0 Replies
GEDIT(l)																  GEDIT(l)

NAME
gedit - simple text editor for GNOME The gedit application is a simple text editor. You can use gedit to create and edit text files. You can use gedit plugins to perform a variety of tasks related to text-editing from within the gedit window. SYNTAX
gedit [--help] [--debug[-section]] [--new-window] [--new-document] [--quit] [filename(s)...] DESCRIPTION
gedit is a text editor for the GNOME Desktop. OPTIONS
--help Prints the command line options. --debug[-section] Runs gedit in debug mode. In debug mode function names are dumped to the console when they are invoked. Specific sections for debug- ging are allowed. The sections are: window, commands, document, file, plugins, prefs, print, search, undo, view and recent. Run `gedit --help' for more information. --new-window Create a new toplevel window in an existing instance of gedit. --new-document Create a new document in an existing instance of gedit. --quit Quit an existing instance of gedit. filename(s)... Specifies the file to open when gedit starts - if this is not specified, gedit will load a blank file with an Untitled label. Multi- ple files can be loaded if they are separated by spaces. gedit also supports handling of remote files. For example, you can pass the location of a webpage to gedit, like "http://www.gnome.org", or load a file from a FTP server, like "ftp://ftp.gnome.org/ro- bots.txt". PIPES
Gedit accepts pipes, so it can be run after another command to load the output into gedit. For example : ls -l | gedit BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gedit. AUTHORS
Paolo Maggi (maggi@athena.polito.it) James Willcox (jwillcox@cs.indiana.edu) Federico Mena Quintero (federico@ximian.com) Chema Celorio (chema@celorio.com) 05 Jan 2003 GEDIT(l)